NKF retrenched 90+ staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this what the public want to see? Drawing more blood? My heart goes to those who are currently jobless due to the retrenchment.

Trust me, it isn't nice to be jobless.

litefoot said:
Is this what the public want to see? Drawing more blood? My heart goes to those who are currently jobless due to the retrenchment.

Trust me, it isn't nice to be jobless.

:think:

well, if the organisation had been more efficient, those retrenched would never have been employed in the first place. what is more important? providing the needy kidney patients with the needed subsidies and better services, or keeping 90+ people in their job at the expense of the charity's funds?

eikin said:
:think:

well, if the organisation had been more efficient, those retrenched would never have been employed in the first place. what is more important? providing the needy kidney patients with the needed subsidies and better services, or keeping 90+ people in their job at the expense of the charity's funds?

I believe it might be more than efficiency. Its more like strategic. NKF is steering away from big time media marketing such as NKF shows on TV. Most of them are running such campaigns.

litefoot said:
I believe it might be more than efficiency. Its more like strategic. NKF is steering away from big time media marketing such as NKF shows on TV. Most of them are running such campaigns.

does NKF need to run those big shows so many times a year? if they do need are the funds raised translated into more benefits for the patients? if so how come such a drastic increase in subsidies for patients after the TT Durai case? they are all linked.

sad to read that NKF has "unusual transaction" involved. Looks like a thorough washup with Dettol is necessary. :thumbsd:

I would put it this way, full transpancy on the investigation should be release to the public after it had concluded.

In addition, all charity oranisations should be more transparent in their operation cost, cash flow etc...

I don't wish to see another peanut story again..... its our hard earned money which is suppose to go to the needy, not someone who drive expensive car, take 1st class seat flying around, etc....
That kind of person deserve to be serverly punished.

to me, it is like a slap on the face of the authorities for their lapses.

Not trying to elevate my own position, but I do wonder how many actually bothers to read the news before making all sorts of comments and speculations...

The people who are retrenched are in the fundraising dept. Yes. Precisely why the recent uproar has forced NKF to scale down its fundraising efforts, that it suddenly has lots of people it dosent need.

A govt propaganda to win back support for NKF? I dont see why people will feel any more "attached" to NKF because of a retrenchment exercise?

A part of inefficiency on the part of NKF? Well.....will NKF forsee a major public backlash of this nature a year ago?

A lapse on the part of the authorities? Erm....what does this gotta do with the authorities?

And least I sound like some kind of hard core NKF supporter, no. I once had an NKF fundraising card because I joined in a run sponsored by them. I didnt donate a cent to them ever since, when I concluded they seem to have plenty of funds in the first place to be a "sponsor". And when was that? Over a decade ago.

if you are saying the retrenchment has nothing to do with the authorities, you are probably right. any prudent mgt will consider this course of action eventually if faced with circumstances faced by nkf.

my point is if the relevant govt agency/ies were diligent, the situation need not be blown into such scale and amount of public backlash brought on by the court case initiated by durai.

huaiwei said:
Not trying to elevate my own position, but I do wonder how many actually bothers to read the news before making all sorts of comments and speculations...

The people who are retrenched are in the fundraising dept. Yes. Precisely why the recent uproar has forced NKF to scale down its fundraising efforts, that it suddenly has lots of people it dosent need.

A govt propaganda to win back support for NKF? I dont see why people will feel any more "attached" to NKF because of a retrenchment exercise?

A part of inefficiency on the part of NKF? Well.....will NKF forsee a major public backlash of this nature a year ago?

A lapse on the part of the authorities? Erm....what does this gotta do with the authorities?

And least I sound like some kind of hard core NKF supporter, no. I once had an NKF fundraising card because I joined in a run sponsored by them. I didnt donate a cent to them ever since, when I concluded they seem to have plenty of funds in the first place to be a "sponsor". And when was that? Over a decade ago.

eikin said:
does NKF need to run those big shows so many times a year? if they do need are the funds raised translated into more benefits for the patients? if so how come such a drastic increase in subsidies for patients after the TT Durai case? they are all linked.

These are old discussions. Six feet under.

I just feel for the individuals who are retrenched. Coping with retrenchment isn't easy.

litefoot said:
These are old discussions. Six feet under.

I just feel for the individuals who are retrenched. Coping with retrenchment isn't easy.

and the whole retrenchment exercise has nothing to do with what are 'six feet under' ... heh

eikin said:
and the whole retrenchment exercise has nothing to do with what are 'six feet under' ... heh

Nevermind. Wish you luck in your career.

It's good that they're getting rid of unneccessary employees. Think of the long term benefits. If each is paid $2000 a month, they would save $2 160 000 a year!

Anyway, why would they sack good employees?

It shows that they are sincere about saving costs and it will encourage Singaporeans to start donating after some more time.

Durai has to go sooner or later, it's just the public caught up with him now. Along with him so goes the staff in that dept i guess

hongsien said:
One of these days they will change the name of NKF........

Hahaha... I just mentioned that in a kopi tiam talk with my pal a couple of days ago. Its call rebranding. Ironically, its also Marketing.

Well, retrench or not. I had slowly lost confidence in them since 1998 when the first of the news from the rumour mongers circulated via email.

Come year 2000 when rumours became stronger and stronger and some form of concrete shape started to take place, my confidence in them was absolutely lost.

Anyway, mods and admins don't seem to like us talking about the Peanut Theory around and I smell a big lock coming this way. :think:

What's worth. +1

Actually NKF will save $3.2 million a year by doing so. this represents a reduction in about 10% of their workforce, so their reduced wage bill should be around $27 million a year. although i feel sorry for those who were retrenched, i also feel that this exercise is long overdue as other charities have run on considerably lower operating costs-per-charity dollar for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.