Nikon's warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

viceroy666

Jul 22, 2004
Hi, a newbie question. If I send in a lens for warranty, will they ask for warranty card as well as receipt? Or just the warranty card will do?

Problem is that I bought a 18-70mm from a CSer here and it came with an unfilled warranty card. The pictures taken are fine, however the lens seems abit loose. Meaning if the shake the camera with the lens attached, can feel like something is loose. Thinking of going for warranty. Need your help and comments here. Thanks

unfilled warranty cards are totally useless if unaccompanied by a receipt.

in another word, if u dun have a receipt dun expect Nikon to provide free service for u.

West_ray said:
unfilled warranty cards are totally useless if unaccompanied by a receipt.

in another word, if u dun have a receipt dun expect Nikon to provide free service for u.
i second that.

so if you see those who write 'unfilled warranty card' in B&S, can just ignore it.

Tango3 said:
they never did ask for a receipt when I sent my D100 in for a shutter change under warranty.
Next time I got DSLR you go with me to change shutter ok? Like that no need receipt liao :thumbsup:

the price would be interesting....

anyway
when i went to clean my d70 sensor,....long time ago, they only asked for card, and not receipt....

hahaha,,,

ParkertR said:
they'll usually ask for the receipt... did the cser give you a receipt or at least, a photocopy of it?

does NSC accept photocopy then? because mine is :think:

they don need the recipt for warrenty claim... if you don have the recipt they will just use the date the item was release from nikon (to the store and not to you)

I always make it a point to send my copy of the warranty to Nikon immediately after I bought something. And since my items are also registered under the NPS membership I don't have to bring the receipt and warranty in to NSC. It is all on the computer records.

But do not be disheartened if you have an unfilled warranty. You never know, miracle might happen.

I've noticed that in the Buy & Sell sub-forum, people sometimes advertise their nikon items as having an "unfilled warranty card". So if Nikon S'pore requires a receipt to validate the warranty, then what's the point of having the "unfilled warranty card"?:dunno:

Hobbesyeo said:
I've noticed that in the Buy & Sell sub-forum, people sometimes advertise their nikon items as having an "unfilled warranty card". So if Nikon S'pore requires a receipt to validate the warranty, then what's the point of having the "unfilled warranty card"?:dunno:
Good to see ma.

I never send in my warranty cards.. I keep them all :D

There is no such thing as claiming warranty at Nikon with just a warranty card and w/o receipt.

If no receipt is produced, and the end user insist that his/her item is still covered with warranty, Nikon will warranty the item from the date of manufacture which could be months before the item is actually sold to the end-user.

Thus those in B&S selling with unfilled warranty is actually useless. Not to mention that items bought from unauthorised Nikon reseller especially those who deals with 2nd stuff, even such an item with receipt and unfilled warranty cards, NSC may also not going to recognise the warranty and most likely based on the manufactured date.

for what I know, Nikon dont require you to send in the warranty card, you just have to keep it together with the receipt, what anything happen, just produce the Warranty card and receipt.

So far never had the need to produce warranty card of receipt leh..coz always got problem after 1 year :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.