Nikon WT-4 w/ OS X Leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBalena

Apr 27, 2008
Hi guys. Quick question: this post refers to a workaround that allows you to use the Nikon WT-4 wireless transmitter software on a computer running Mac OS X Leopard. I've searched, and am unable to find any other reference to this. Does anyone here know how this workaround is accomplished?

Thanks.

Hi guys. Quick question: this post refers to a workaround that allows you to use the Nikon WT-4 wireless transmitter software on a computer running Mac OS X Leopard. I've searched, and am unable to find any other reference to this. Does anyone here know how this workaround is accomplished?

Thanks.

Actually the post says:

Mac Leopard users beware, the included software does not work with this version of the Mac OS, but there is a workaround published on the net.

The workaround does not use the included software, instead it teaches you how to setup a Mac running Mac OS X Leopard so that it can communicate and transfer photos from the WT-4. Anyway, here's the link:

WT-4 on Mac OSX Leopard

BTW, this link can also be found just three posts down from the one you quoted ;)

Thanks for the link -- it was indeed the one I was looking for. Don't know how I missed it.

I followed every step, but after I was done setting up the profile on the camera, and the WT-4 tried to connect to my computer, I encountered an "FTP Error". I've followed every step in each part of the tutorial, and I've tried entering the settings multiple times to make sure I didn't make any mistakes... but it keeps happening.

Has anyone here encountered this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I've been thinking of buying the WT-4 for a while now. But have not been sure if it really works well (speed of transfer, connectivity with mac...etc). Can anyone share some success stories of how useful this feature has been? Also I tried enquiring at Nikon showroom in FujiXerox towers...the demo guy was not aware of the product..nor did he know if any dealer would have it in stock?? any idea where is it available?

Thanks in advance..

Hi,

I've been thinking of buying the WT-4 for a while now. But have not been sure if it really works well (speed of transfer, connectivity with mac...etc). Can anyone share some success stories of how useful this feature has been? Also I tried enquiring at Nikon showroom in FujiXerox towers...the demo guy was not aware of the product..nor did he know if any dealer would have it in stock?? any idea where is it available?

Thanks in advance..

Read this thread:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362921

You should be able to get it from the usual shops like Lords, J316, Cathay, TK, etc... but perhaps you should call Lords first, they usually stock some of the more hard-to-get items and the WT-4 IS a hard to get item.

_

I encountered an "FTP Error". I've followed every step in each part of the tutorial, and I've tried entering the settings multiple times to make sure I didn't make any mistakes... but it keeps happening.

Has anyone here encountered this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

Few things can cause this, ie the ip address or the user name/password to login to ftp server.
It can trace on the OS X log.

hth :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.