Nikon Users Kopi Session - 29 OCt 2010 The One U R waiting for "D-evil 7K"

This launch is not just for NPS but invited guests eg press and which include some NPS (not all) :)

No public launch.

But CS nikon users are privilege to have our kopi "launch" session :cheergal::cheergal::cheergal:

PLEASE NOTE THIS SESSION IS CONFIRMED

nikon don't want a D60 user to spoil their D7k launch, but luckily i still have clubsnap. :bsmilie:

I am quite interested on the SB700 ( maybe my first flash ).

Look like it's full house, maybe can just drop by at NSC & tried out one of this day.

nikon don't want a D60 user to spoil their D7k launch, but luckily i still have clubsnap. :bsmilie:

If Nikon were to invite every Nikon user, they would have to use the National Stadium (oops, it's torn down) :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

As it is, the location they're using on the 27th is quite a large one already for a local product launch (at least, to me).

Just curious, can we request other Nikon items to bring down for testing? For example: I'm keen to test out 70-200mm VR II + 2x TC III. I'll bring my own cam for sure. I can always go to NSC to do this of course. But I can kill two birds with one stone if I can do all the poisoning in one loc... :) No problem if it's no-go, just wanna check if it's possible.

Note: This is a serious request, I wouldn't bring it up unless I have keen intentions for it - I do not like to waste people's time.

Last edited:
Forget it, just realised that you guys won't be bringing down just 1 to 2 D7000 sets, but more than that. :sweat: I don't want to create logistic nightmares last minute. Cancelling my request, I'd go down NSC another day for the lens testing. :)

will probably miss this session cos i'm a little under the weather... damn haze. :mad2:

you guys and gals have fun! and post pics. :)

OMG... this must be one of the largest lim kopi session so far. I wonder if next round of mid/high range bodies will see such huge turnout. too bad I have to meet David Foster and his friends (attend the concert lah), else, I will look with envy from outside :)

OMG... this must be one of the largest lim kopi session so far. I wonder if next round of mid/high range bodies will see such huge turnout. too bad I have to meet David Foster and his friends (attend the concert lah), else, I will look with envy from outside :)

I think we have the same amount of ppl or can be even more (if there are any gate crashers).

"Just curious, can we request other Nikon items to bring down for testing? For example: I'm keen to test out 70-200mm VR II + 2x TC III...."

As for requests for other lenses no worries we will consider it. ie bring some lenes and if possible a 70-200 VRII :)

Yes please, would love to test this combi of D7K + 70-200mm + 20TCIII out!!!

I think we have the same amount of ppl or can be even more (if there are any gate crashers).

"Just curious, can we request other Nikon items to bring down for testing? For example: I'm keen to test out 70-200mm VR II + 2x TC III...."

As for requests for other lenses no worries we will consider it. ie bring some lenes and if possible a 70-200 VRII :)

Thank you! Looking forward to molesting it! :)

World's Biggest Gangbang..:lovegrin:

Can gatecrash? When I saw the thread, it is already more than 100...... :sweatsm: if not, hope there is a round 2.

Interested in.
16-35mm f/4 VR
24mm f/1.4
28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR
24-120mm f/4 VR
85mm f/1.4G
SB700

D7XXX......... not really but curious if it is better than my D300 and D700. Hope not!

Can gatecrash? When I saw the thread, it is already more than 100...... :sweatsm: if not, hope there is a round 2.

Interested in.
16-35mm f/4 VR
24mm f/1.4
28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR
24-120mm f/4 VR
85mm f/1.4G
SB700

D7XXX......... not really but curious if it is better than my D300 and D700. Hope not!

Ahaha, same, i got a slot but i wanna see if my friend can gatecrash or not, she contemplating abt getting a dslr and want to see if can bring her to try out the D7*** and D3100

I myself more interested in the long primes and the sb700

I think....the turnout might be way more than expected, lol.

Actually, i also curious how the D7*** iso performance will match up to the D700...lol, i also hope not actually,:sweatsm: *runs for cover*

Cheers:cheers:

Maybe I'm abit slow, but why is everyone referring to the D7000 as D7***? :dunno:

Maybe I'm abit slow, but why is everyone referring to the D7000 as D7***? :dunno:

please refer to the 1st post:
For the last Kopi session here : http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769604

Something was missing and now we will feature the missing item (I am not at the liberty to tell at the moment but you know what it is ;) )

This Kopi session we will have snacks (courtesy of Nikon Singapore) in an open area (where we can aim and shoot the new toy - it who must not be named - at the moment), goodies for the first 80 who register and some lucky draws too - for all.

*list taken out to make post shorter*

We will bring these lenses and newer ones if available:

200mm f/2 VR II
300mm f/2.8 VR II
16-35mm f/4 VR
24mm f/1.4
28-300mm
55-300mm
24-120mm
85mm f/1.4

SB -700

D90 for comparison
D3100 for those who missed it the last round
And of Course the DXXXX who must not be named for the moment. (you can speculate, torture me etc but my lips are sealed :devil: )

Let me know if you wanna to try out any thing that is available but not listed here.

Nikon Sg hasn't officially announced the date of availability for the D7000 yet, so we're officially also not spilling any beans; you only speculated that it would be the D7000 this kopi session. :bsmilie: all in good fun lah

please refer to the 1st post:

Nikon Sg hasn't officially announced the date of availability for the D7000 yet, so we're officially also not spilling any beans; you only speculated that it would be the D7000 this kopi session. :bsmilie: all in good fun lah

Thanks for the explanation, to add further.

At the point of planning for this kopi session, Nikon Sg has not officially launched the D7000 in Singapore (which will be today). As the launch invitation were not sent out yet(then), the official launch date were kept confidential from the public and they were not at liberty to make available the camera/s to the general public at that time.

Hence during the initial planning for this kopi session we cannot reveal the D7000 then, but throw some hints.

Nevertheless, "it who must not be name" or the D-evil 7000 will make it appearance for CS Nikon kakis this Fri :devil:

And hopefully the cameras will hit the stores very soon.

Last edited:
just so you are aware.

according to J316, whom i visited a few days ago, told me that D7K will be at their store on 29Oct2010.

HOWEVER, all of them have been reserved, presumably for sale to their customers who made pre-orders. and so, the next batch will arrive a week later, on the 5Nov.

so, the man said... can like you see, touch but really sorry, can't sell it to you on 29Oct :embrass: hahaha...

Pricing out already or not arr?