Nikon USA service advisory for D600

Same as Kirei, its my 2nd D600. Shutter mech was changed, but still have some dust spots at times - not really a game changer, but same as with some users here, it's good to be able to plop down to NSC, and had the sensor cleaned anytime you like it. I won't insist they exchanged it to D610, but if they do, I won't mind, too. D600 is, and still is a wonderful camera to carry around, and takes beautiful pictures.:)

Same as Kirei, its my 2nd D600. Shutter mech was changed, but still have some dust spots at times - not really a game changer, but same as with some users here, it's good to be able to plop down to NSC, and had the sensor cleaned anytime you like it. I won't insist they exchanged it to D610, but if they do, I won't mind, too. D600 is, and still is a wonderful camera to carry around, and takes beautiful pictures.:)
Rather keep your D600, once you have a D610 cleaning doesn't come free anymore. When it comes to service the D610 is a downgrade. ;) They should discontinue the D610 and rerelease the D600 as a D620 again.

Last edited:
If they offer to change. Die die say no then. Free sensor cleaning until u change to to the next best thing ^^

Rather keep your D600, once you have a D610 cleaning doesn't come free anymore. When it comes to service the D610 is a downgrade. ;) They should discontinue the D610 and rerelease the D600 as a D620 again.

Sounds like a good idea! :) The only cost is finding time to go down NSC for sensor wet cleaning in exchange for the lifetime warranty.

Sorry, don't quite understand the logic. Free cleaning only to rectify a specific problem is better than no problem no servicing required? So much unnecessary waste of time & effort. The servicing is just a compensation, rectification, not an additional benefit. Self comforting logic I guess to soothe the pain.

For those who don't mind the hassle & save some money, plenty of D600 for sale now in B&S, grab it. For me, I look forward to a real upgrade D620 & leave all these behind :)

Last edited:
Sorry, don't quite understand the logic. Free cleaning only to rectify a specific problem is better than no problem no servicing required? So much unnecessary waste of time & effort. The servicing is just a compensation, rectification, not an additional benefit. Self comforting logic I guess to soothe the pain.

For those who don't mind the hassle & save some money, plenty of D600 for sale now in B&S, grab it. For me, I look forward to a real upgrade D620 & leave all these behind :)
You can run into the same issue with a D610, it just happens. At least the D600 gets the cleaning for free. On Flickr are D610 users with more sticky specs on their sensors after a few weeks than my D600 shows after over one year without any wet cleaning and still on the original shutter.

This is the first time i hear this... that shooting at too small an aperture makes a landscape picture looks flat...

Amazing..

When you combine the effects of diffraction and the drop of visual acuity & resolution that occurs at very small apertures, yes I believe it makes the image looks flat.

Now of course, we are assuming that these are images that still have some type of foreground or area which is closer to the camera, and also depending on whether the photographer is utilizing hyper-focal method or not.

This sense of "depth" is the real aesthetic difference between imaging formats, and it is common knowledge that the smaller the format, and the number of imaging pixels does affect the aperture limit of diffraction.

Last edited:
When you combine the effects of diffraction and the drop of visual acuity & resolution that occurs at very small apertures, yes I believe it makes the image looks flat.

Now of course, we are assuming that these are images that still have some type of foreground or area which is closer to the camera, and also depending on whether the photographer is utilizing hyper-focal method or not.

This sense of "depth" is the real aesthetic difference between imaging formats, and it is common knowledge that the smaller the format, and the number of imaging pixels does affect the aperture limit of diffraction.

As usual, your post gets very complicated & perplexing :bsmilie: Probably over the wrong choice of word of soft instead of flat. Amazing indeed.

Last edited:
QUOTE=ageha;8824948]You can run into the same issue with a D610, it just happens. At least the D600 gets the cleaning for free. On Flickr are D610 users with more sticky specs on their sensors after a few weeks than my D600 shows after over one year without any wet cleaning and still on the original shutter.[/QUOTE]

Is it can, will or most likely with the D610. I don't see any vehement complaints here or elsewhere as with the D600.

The free cleaning is after one year of ding dongs here, in America, elsewhere. And it only came about when the "giant" steps in & raise its voice.

Not sure how you measure one week's dust on D610 for comparison, from photos posted on the net.

The issue about dust &/or rather oil spills? In the china video, they happen there & then after some clicks.

Anyway, as I said, look forward to D620, not backwards. :)

Last edited:
QUOTE=ageha;8824948]You can run into the same issue with a D610, it just happens. At least the D600 gets the cleaning for free. On Flickr are D610 users with more sticky specs on their sensors after a few weeks than my D600 shows after over one year without any wet cleaning and still on the original shutter.

Is it can, will or most likely with the D610. I don't see any vehement complaints here or elsewhere as with the D600.

The free cleaning is after one year of ding dongs here, in America, elsewhere. And it only came about when the "giant" steps in & raise its voice.

Not sure how you measure one week's dust on D610 for comparison, from photos posted on the net.

The issue about dust &/or rather oil spills? In the china video, they happen there & then after some clicks.

Anyway, as I said, look forward to D620, not backwards. :)

Then u can continue waiting ba. Since D610 came out abt 6 months ago and is selling well, Nikon will be highly unlikely to refresh to the D620 until the D800s, D7200, D5400, D2300, Df2, D4x are pushed into the market. That would be ard 2 years time, ard 2016. Till then, happy clocking mileage on your D700! :)

Yeah, it's unimaginable but I guess I just read what people say about their own photos. Not easy but doable.

All camera will have dust going in... unless u change lenses in clean room.... BTW D600 problem is dusts concentrated on the left side... so very likely some mech parts inside causing it

All camera will have dust going in... unless u change lenses in clean room.... BTW D600 problem is dusts concentrated on the left side... so very likely some mech parts inside causing it
Really?

Yes. Very, very high chance. Coz all my spots appear on the top left quadrant of the image, i.e. bottom right quadrant of sensor. Random spots every time, but the area of effect is never beyond that quadrant. Which already leads me to suspect if environmental dust (as NSC technicians claim) can choose their spot to settle only on the right and not the left side of the sensor. More suspicious is when I leave my D600 in the dry-cabinet after NSC sensor cleaning, and a few days later take out and shoot only to find dust spots showing up on the sensor (there is environmental dust even within a Digi-Cabi dry cabinet?). I have learnt to live with it, but until someone shows Nikon proof that their internal mech parts are causing the dust, Nikon will continue to claim 'environmental dust' as the cause of the mysterious dust spots.

> Condition of Item: Mint
Warranty Status: Just ended but for this model any problem can go Nikon to fix or exchange without question.

As posted by a seller..
Erm hope no one really believe above to be true hor..lol:)

Just send my grey set d600 for sensor cleaning after 1 month of purchase.
Can see so many dots when using smaller aperature to take pic.

Actually I kind of happy.. freevservice n may have free upgrade of new camera

Yes. Very, very high chance. Coz all my spots appear on the top left quadrant of the image, i.e. bottom right quadrant of sensor. Random spots every time, but the area of effect is never beyond that quadrant. Which already leads me to suspect if environmental dust (as NSC technicians claim) can choose their spot to settle only on the right and not the left side of the sensor. More suspicious is when I leave my D600 in the dry-cabinet after NSC sensor cleaning, and a few days later take out and shoot only to find dust spots showing up on the sensor (there is environmental dust even within a Digi-Cabi dry cabinet?). I have learnt to live with it, but until someone shows Nikon proof that their internal mech parts are causing the dust, Nikon will continue to claim 'environmental dust' as the cause of the mysterious dust spots.

I testify to this. Mine also top left quadrant. Went to change to new shutter and sensor cleaning recently. Took some test shots and its all good. Hope it remains that way. Same here, i prefer to hold on to 600 and have free cleaning :)

Last edited:
I testify to this. Mine also top left quadrant. Went to change to new shutter and sensor cleaning recently. Took some test shots and its all good. Hope it remains that way. Same here, i prefer to hold on to 600 and have free cleaning :)

I agreed too. Just sent in for 1st time cleaning early this week. shutter count at ard 10k. it was all good although grey set. no payment involved.

the malay man still gave me a smile and ask me bring back if any issue. sounds good...

Just got back my d600 and they claim to change a new d610 shutter.

Both win win stituation, change new d600 equivalent or free sensor cleaning for "life time".