Nikon tripod vs Fancier FT-6662A Professional Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.
yah, the default nikon tripod with the nikon word printed on it, i think there is only one

If you were caught eating on a train, you think its ok if you say its public transport?

compare apple to apple, orange to orange.

1 is illegal since it's stated, the other isn't

thanks for try to understand :)

I take it that you are not familiar with the rules of this forum then.....

maybe yes maybe no, well at least it isn't crossing the line of discussing something illegal :)

Get a good quality Tripod dude. It's worth the investment in a long run. The Nikon SL-XXX is an El-Cheapo tripod which is worth for nothing IMHO.

yup ! invest in a good tripod.

Get a good quality Tripod dude. It's worth the investment in a long run. The Nikon SL-XXX is an El-Cheapo tripod which is worth for nothing IMHO.

Worth the upgrade?

No. Get something more fancy than the Fancier like a Manfrotto or a Benro. The Fancier looks* flimsy to me and I think your equipment deserves a better tripod.

*only saw the pictures in the web.

Last edited:
i am using the fancier.

pros: light weight. can support 4kg easily.
cons: thin legs, translating to weak support (even though ball head can take the weight), which translates to a greater chance of vibration when used with 300mm lenses or more.

i use my fancier only a few times a year, and only for fireworks and landscape. i use it (if i do use it), its to use as a lightstand for my speedlight.

for a once a year usage with a D300 and 12-24, i rather spend that money on something else, then plunge 1k on a tripod.

thats me anyway.

to redname: so many has said it already, i shall not say it anymore, pls try to respect other ppl's thread, thanks :)

to the rest: thanks for helping me to say out

to geekbrains: ya, that nikon one is rather weak... that is why consider another alternative...

to sl005073: hmm.. which one do u recommend? silk tripod?

to lsisaxon: hmm... cos i am using a d90, and my heaviest lens is only 70-300vr, therefore wondering whether worth it to invest 500-600 on a tripod...

to luntut: how is the extension of the tripod leg, or rotating the ball head, is it smooth handling? if fully extend, it is a lot more stable that the nikon sl 168?

maybe yes maybe no, well at least it isn't crossing the line of discussing something illegal :)

Please refrain from OT per TS' request. This is a basic netiquette. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.