Nikon service centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

arowana

Mar 17, 2004
Anyone went to nikon Service centre for their camera Ccd cleaning recently ?

Just went there yesterday and due to my mistake in not checking the ccd before leaving, found out that my ccd is worse than before. Look like i have to make another trip down there again .

I go about 1ce every 2-3 months or when I have nothing to do, why?

Just want to know if any bro/sis here have the same experience as mine ?

Nope. Actually I shouldn't be replying, cos people will say I pro-nikon.

Anyway, personally did encounter CCD not cleaned fully so request them to clean again, normally 2-3 cleaning does the job, I do test after they clean. :)

espn said:

Anyway, personally did encounter CCD not cleaned fully so request them to clean again, normally 2-3 cleaning does the job, I do test after they clean. :)

that where i go wrong bro. i never test all the corner . Its due to my inexperience. I feel very frustrated.

Nothing to be frustrated about, a little bit of dust doesn't hurt, I know of people who'd blow their len cap, body cap, turn their camera bodies downwards everytime when changing len etc etc.

After about 1 month it's really heck care liao ;) heehee.

This photo was taken after the cleaning.

DSC_00041.jpg

This one was taken during my camera testing

DSC_0001.jpg

I normally would set to the smallest aperture available and shoot at the white walls inside the service centre, that would be easier to spot dirt if there's still any, after zooming in, that is :)

espn said:
I normally would set to the smallest aperture available and shoot at the white walls inside the service centre, that would be easier to spot dirt if there's still any, after zooming in, that is :)

now i know how to do it too bro .

Feel really angry with myself for not checking properly but when nikon clean the ccd , did they use any equipment to check the cleanliness level ?

espn said:

hmmm ... haven't have a dslr to face such a problem (too poor to have one :bsmilie: ) this is a good suggestion IMHO, maybe we should have a sticky teaching people how to do testing and what to look out for at various circumstances, especially when buying a new equipment or just after servicing, can avoid lots of potential conflicts and frustrations

espn said:

I did the same thing after the cleaning of my D70 CCD, white walls are easy to find inside the service centre. :cool:
Been there twice only since the first time I bought D70 last September.

arowana said:
now i know how to do it too bro .

Feel really angry with myself for not checking properly but when nikon clean the ccd , did they use any equipment to check the cleanliness level ?
No worries la dude, we all learn from experience.

eikin said:
hmmm ... haven't have a dslr to face such a problem (too poor to have one :bsmilie: ) this is a good suggestion IMHO, maybe we should have a sticky teaching people how to do testing and what to look out for at various circumstances, especially when buying a new equipment or just after servicing, can avoid lots of potential conflicts and frustrations
Erm, there's a lot of them going around, no need one more sticky for that, just do a search :)

recently, i saw few black spots on my images. could they be dirts on the CCD or dead pixels?

espn said:

Espn

How do you convince them the CCD is dirty? Is there a fee for cleaning your CCD??

just tell them ur CCD dirty, need to clean can liao.

If camera still under warranty, cleaning of the CCD is free.

If not, its S$25

reachme2003 said:
recently, i saw few black spots on my images. could they be dirts on the CCD or dead pixels?

Take a picture of a light coloured plain wall (ie, no pattern). Using flash is okay. Only need to ensure the aperture is small (eg, f16). Download the jpeg file into photoshop. Choose "Auto Levels". From this, you can see all the dirt.

jeffhiew said:
Espn

How do you convince them the CCD is dirty? Is there a fee for cleaning your CCD??

Under warranty = FOC
If not = $25, NPS members get 20% off at $20.

I normally just tell them to clean, then take a test shot see see, then if still dirty will tell them which part, sometimes I take a post-it-note from them, draw the spots dirty and let them focus cleaning more on that part. :)

just hope that i go there again , the cleaning is much better than the first time.

arowana said:
just hope that i go there again , the cleaning is much better than the first time.
It's just like digging your nose/ears, you tend to miss spots, can't blame 'em ;)

espn said:
It's just like digging your nose/ears, you tend to miss spots, can't blame 'em ;)

but i can miss those black spots but i think they do have their own standard to adhere to before passing to the customer?

Status
Not open for further replies.