Nikon Service Centre Repairs...

Dear All

Need some advice. My friend's D90 card reader slot plastic bracket is broken. need to repair it. Still can insert acrd into slot. plastic part broken.

Anyone know where to get it repaired cheaper beside Nikon Service centre?

Pls advise

Thank you.

:D

any photo of the damage?
I guess Nikon Service Centre @ Fuji Xerox towers is your best bet. You do live in Singapore, right?

Going to try Nikon Service Centre.

But wondering if any place also do repair? propb cheaper also

thanks

If you want to DIY, the parts will cost around U$18 plus U$10 shipping... Need to wait for a few weeks...
So I don't think there's not much savings

Just had a quote from Nikon for replacing the film winder on my F3HP. $77 for the winder unit is reasonable but I cant understand why service charge is $150 making a total of $227?

Don't think I want to go to Nikon. Anyone has comments?

Just had a quote from Nikon for replacing the film winder on my F3HP. $77 for the winder unit is reasonable but I cant understand why service charge is $150 making a total of $227?

complexity to do and few months warranty included , i don't think it's expensive, when the last time it's spoil? so i guess still reasonable from my point of view

I had just got it from Ebay from a seller named unicphoto in USA. They described the body as Excellent +++ but it had lots of scratches on the base and very loose film winder.

scliml said:
I had just got it from Ebay from a seller named unicphoto in USA. They described the body as Excellent +++ but it had lots of scratches on the base and very loose film winder.

Give the guy a bad rating.

should know that it's online... and item mark as excellent can be anything from bad to worst.....

Yes...there are risk buying online, especially overseas. To safe guard ourselves, request for photos of the cam, at least can fight for refund due to wrong info.

scliml said:

When you look at how much these skilled technician are paid, plus rental fee of place, and overheads like electricity, admin stuff...etc.... , you can understand why.

unicphoto had lots of very good looking photos in their advertisement. I complained and they gave all sorts of excuses to cover their wrong doing and finally said I could return camera and they refund cost plus original shipping to me. Return shipping costing US$95 they don't care !!!

Why should I absorb the return shipping through no fault of mine? Have given them negative feedback (they don't really care) and put up a case to Ebay. However Ebay will be on seller's side :( for sure.

So its good for us to boycott unicphoto and spread the word.