Nikon Rumour: Nikon 28 F/1.8 G

kriegsketten said:
All those in favour of 24/1.8G say "aye"....

All those who think that Nikon listens to you say "aye".

More like "Aiyoh".

All those who think that Nikon listens to you say "aye".

More like "Aiyoh".

Who cares if they listen or not? I was just garnering support for the more useful length among the users here. If I recalled correctly this is the Nikon Discussion Forum right?

Nikon can produce any lens or body they like. At the end of the day if I like the focal length and price, just buy loh. If not don't buy loh, simple as that. :)

P/S: if you got tooth ache please visit the dentist.... LOL

Last edited:
If Nikon is really launching a 28mm f1.8, why would they also launch a 24mm f1.8? Don't make sense economically no?

Why not? back in the old days they had a 20/2.8, 24/2.8, 28/2.8. People chose the particular look they like. I for one was very fond of my AF-D 24/2.8. I wouldn't mind a 24/1.8 ;)

Yup, it is only a matter of time 24 and 20 gets updated. That's why I said "who cares if they listen or not" - the underlying message being that they should have plans to update all...

Yup, it is only a matter of time 24 and 20 gets updated. That's why I said "who cares if they listen or not" - the underlying message being that they should have plans to update all...

Actually, I am with everyone else... more lenses means more choice and flexibility - just look at the C camp.

Well, I hope they will prove me wrong... and do so sooner rather than later.

Andrew Ng said:
28mm is a 'movie perspective' angle. So.. 28 f/1.8 is likely to be a 'movie lens'. :D

Hi, but it lens for me just nice, cause I'm still using the crop sensor.

28mm x 1.5 = 42mm is really good enough than the 35mm DX lens.

Hope to wait for it on that day.

Because of 24mm so far have many lens can cover it focus length.

14-24mm
24-70mm
24mm 1.4G

rain5533 said:
Hi, but it lens for me just nice, cause I'm still using the crop sensor.

28mm x 1.5 = 42mm is really good enough than the 35mm DX lens.

Hope to wait for it on that day.

Because of 24mm so far have many lens can cover it focus length.

14-24mm
24-70mm
24mm 1.4G

Huh? 28mm is also covered by 2 of the 3 lenses you mentioned.

If Nikon is really launching a 28mm f1.8, why would they also launch a 24mm f1.8? Don't make sense economically no?

i would prefer a 24 over a 28 any day...
anyway, their af-d prime are all due for replacement...