Nikon Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

snaggs

Jan 26, 2004
Perth, Australia
Ok guys, anyone who wants clarification from Nikon on whether there is a full frame future please sign this petition. We just want to know where we stand so we can plan accordingly. Even if you support DX, surely you'd like us Full Frame whiners to have an answer so we stop complaining and either accept DX or go elsewhere. Note the petition only asks for clarification on full frame, not neccesarily to have it,

Daniel.

http://www.petitiononline.com/NikonFF/petition.html

To: Nikon Japan

We, the signed profess a loyalty to Nikon but are unhappy with;

1) The inability to provide feedback to Nikon Japan. Local distributors are just agents and we have no confidence that any feedback will be passed on.

2) The lack of communication, namely, what is your product roadmap, what can we expect for the future in clear unambiguous language.

3) Nikons slowness to anounce product developments, and even worse performance on delivering that product on time.

4) Nikons unresolved commitment to 35mm. We request a definitive answer, YES or NO as to whether Nikon will be supporting full frame digital, so we can finally make a decision on whether or not to invest in the DX system or to migrate to another system.

I just signed the petition, and too add on - no one is unhappy about things, we are just abit concerned why is there no FF DSLR thats all... Nikon will remain my first choice when it comes to 35mm format cameras :)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

icarus said:
I just signed the petition, and too add on - no one is unhappy about things, we are just abit concerned why is there no FF DSLR thats all... Nikon will remain my first choice when it comes to 35mm format cameras :)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

True. though many people are not happy that Nikon still doesn't have a D200 out! I mean, its been years.. and Nikon tell you nothing.. The main thing, is that even if Nikon wont make one, can they just say they never will and tell us to bugger off? That way we'll know its either DX or Canon/Mamiya ZD if we want something better.

Nikon needs a wake up call.

Daniel.

done for my support for the Full Frame feature.

Is this really necessary?? dun u think it's abit silly??

Do u think by juz a small number of pple signing an online petition would make Nikon change watever they're doing?? Pls think again....!! :thumbsd:

Well, its all we can do isn't it? There is no feedback page on Nikon Japan, and the local distributors are just agents, and not actually Nikon.

We can but try.. and if we get hundreds of signatures.. (and it is going pretty fast), maybe Nikon will take notice and try a bit harder to listen to their customer needs.

That includes things like

More DX primes
Monochrome DSLR
Full frame DSLR

Depending on what you WANT.. all the petition says is that we ask that they communicate with us, their customers a bit better so we know whats going on.

Daniel.

wat?? u think it works? not tat i wanna condemn the peition but it just doesnt makes any sense ... no offence though ...

snaggs said:
That includes things like

More DX primes
Monochrome DSLR
Full frame DSLR

Depending on what you WANT.. all the petition says is that we ask that they communicate with us, their customers a bit better so we know whats going on.

Daniel.

Hmm interesting... i was hoping for more DX primes too.. hope they can make wider and larger aperture too! something like a AF 6mm f1.4 DX would be perfect :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

Well, if you dont try, you can't complain they dont listen. If Nikon have been given a large response from their customers, and do nothing, then its on their head.

Your right, they can choose to ignore it. But when the CEO asks "How come our DSLR sales are dropping and Canons are increasing", it might click that maybe they should listen to their customers.

Daniel.

icarus said:
Hmm interesting... i was hoping for more DX primes too.. hope they can make wider and larger aperture too! something like a AF 6mm f1.4 DX would be perfect :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

Exactly, people have been asking for some fast apperture DX primes for years and years. Yet the only primes you can get are full frame... and Nikon won't make a full frame camera!! Its crazy.

this is silly.
why don't ya go write a petition to why bus fares keeps rising etc. and many other stuff!?

hahahaha~

indeed!

Bus fares are a totally different issue lah... And the difference is obvious. :sticktong

If I were the manufactuer I'd be very interested to know what my customers want. Whether or not I actually deliver the results is a different thing.

Cheers bros... :devil:

Don't be too loyal till you can't move on to better things that are already out there.
:bsmilie:

Could it have really make a difference to you purchase, REALLY?

Ai ya, till the end ha, still has to wait long long . 3years :dunno: 4 years then FF Nikon ?

Nikon is AH Kon , AH Kong slowly slowly one mah! ..... :cry:

Thats why you can see lau ah Kong using Nikon only :bsmilie: Too fast they die liao loh! :bsmilie:

May be it should also send to Sony .. "At the heart of CAMERA", the Full Frame digital camera is all because of the CCD/CMOS sensor size, if Sony wouldn't release it, how can a full frame released. so I guess the D200 is same sensor as D2X, or worst is 6.1 MP again... if true, at the end of the chapter 10 already... :sweat:

At the heart of Camera - Sony :think:

If i were the competitors, I will also want to know Nikon's road map so that I can plan for counter-measure.

If you work in R&D before, you will know that everything happening inside are strictly confidential. Nikon should have started working on the new sucessor for D100 long long time ago...else they will be in deep trouble.

I think a channel for the customer to feedback/complain is good idea...so that Nikon will know what u all want. But to show u the road map is definitely impossible, esp for unannounced products.

Status
Not open for further replies.