Nikon outsells Canon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
stats is only for 1 week and only in japanese market,so??? :dunno:

6 months later scenario...

Canon release 400D successor 450D with 14 megapixels and 5 fps and optional video mode with 3" flipout screen live preview and built in GPS receiver at half the price of Nikon D40. Guess whose sales will be on top again??? :rolleyes:

The point is, Canon & Nikon occupy at least 80% of the dSLR market, these two companies are always playing "catch me if you can" in both sales and product innovation, whilst in the distance the other players struggle to keep up.

Canon release 400D successor 450D with 14 megapixels and 5 fps and optional video mode with 3" flipout screen live preview and built in GPS receiver at half the price of Nikon D40. Guess whose sales will be on top again??? :rolleyes:

The point is, Canon & Nikon occupy at least 80% of the dSLR market, these two companies are always playing "catch me if you can" in both sales and product innovation, whilst in the distance the other players struggle to keep up.

Ha ha ha good one mate. Yea the catching up is good for us consumers. Let's just hope they don't form a secret alliance or something. ;)

selling and market share are different I guess. existing owners may not see a need to buy a new or lower end camera.

All the thing for only half price of D40 ;p . I hope they are not closing down after that.

Regards,
Arto.

Totally agree with you on the market share. But on innovation part, I think pple like Minolta, Pentax etc also have aces up their sleeves...just that their innovation did not bond well with majority of the user.

And Nikon & Canon both have been churning out excellent products years after years...so they have their loyal fan base. Its like the Toyota vs Honda saga...who makes a better car ? This series you win, next series I win...while the rest of the marker takes up whatever space is left for them.

Ha ha ha good one mate. Yea the catching up is good for us consumers. Let's just hope they don't form a secret alliance or something. ;)
I'll bet you they have already been in a secret alliance since Nikon stopped making lenses for Canon. Just look at how they stagger their new camera releases? They never release something in the same class at the same time, leaving lots of room for each other. That's probably how they have been able to maintain such a large share of the market for each other! If they really were rivals, they would have released cameras at the same time and let the consumers fight it out, but they don't.

Either its a white cat or a black cat, as long as it can catch the mouse, its a good cat.

Why do you all like to fight against brand? Both brands produce both high and low ends camera and they have their fair share of good and bad points. The most important factor that ppl tends to forget is that by the person behind the camera is the most crucial factor of the equation to a good photo.

Either its a white cat or a black cat, as long as it can catch the mouse, its a good cat.

Why do you all like to fight against brand? Both brands produce both high and low ends camera and they have their fair share of good and bad points. The most important factor that ppl tends to forget is that by the person behind the camera is the most crucial factor of the equation to a good photo.
Healthy fight is good. Hopefully the price going down and benefit to all :sweatsm: .

Regards,
Arto.

Healthy fight is good. Hopefully the price going down and benefit to all :sweatsm: .

Regards,
Arto.

Yup, healthy fight is good but the way i sees it, both brands is trying to entice more customer base by introducing cheap entry levels like the Nikon D40 and the Canon 400D. These are baits to get you hooked to their brand. Den they will slauther you all on the expensive acessories, lens and even servicing and repairs. When the get you hooked on the brand den you all will defend them like you own the company which in term is helping the 2 company to profits from us. In fact from consumer stand point we should be united and point out all the pros and cons of each model/brand.

Even though i am using Canon, whenever anyone ask me for advise on which system, i will tell the both system Pro and cons for them to decide on their own.

Just produce good photos and dont help them to advertise blindly. Rem, they didnt pay us to advertise for them. We had been taken for a ride esp in SG where ppl tends to upgrade so often and their pricing is sky high.

These are baits to get you hooked to their brand. Den they will slauther you all on the expensive acessories, lens and even servicing and repairs. When the get you hooked on the brand den you all will defend them like you own the company which in term is helping the 2 company to profits from us. In fact from consumer stand point we should be united and point out all the pros and cons of each model/brand.

Getting hooked? Why? That is what Clubsnap is for. I change system like 4 times already. With CS it is very easy of the average enthusiast to change system without suffering a big loss.

If you don't like nikon, sell it and buy another brand lor.

The article and the stats printed is flawed.

I use Canon, and I don't give a hoot what market share/sales figure Canon has, or any brand has, as long as my camera delivers what I want.

That said, compaing sales data of a D200 and D40 is flawed. Same as compaing 400D and 30D. These are cameras in very different market segments.

To make these data more meaningful, you need to segregate the market to 3 or even 4 segments. What this partidular stat is just something good for soundbytes.

Same reason people support one football team over another..they want to feel they belong.

.GO NIKON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

aiyah, whatever lah.

As long as I am happy with my camera, can liao. :sticktong

Same reason people support one football team over another..they want to feel they belong.

.GO NIKON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Haha I see.. too bad, i only support the team that gives the best odds. That way i win more $$$ from SGpools to finance my gears. :lovegrin: Last year SGpools "gave" me a 1Dmk2.

Haha I see.. too bad, i only support the team that gives the best odds. That way i win more $$$ from SGpools to finance my gears. :lovegrin: Last year SGpools "gave" me a 1Dmk2.

Wah bro!! Got good lobang didn't share! Can I PM you for inside info?;p:think: :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.