Nikon lens adapter for Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnsoo

Apr 11, 2006
Has anyone used these Adaptors which allows nikon lenses to be used on Canon mounts?
Are there IQ issues, AF issues, Hunting issues, any issues?
Personal experience with the setup.

Please dont put a "what for answer..." its just reflects narrow mindedness.
Its for fun...ok

Last edited:
only manual focus. so no AF issue and no hunting.

Has anyone used these Adaptors which allows nikon lenses to be used on Canon mounts?

Its for fun...ok

I just switched from Nikon to Canon last week. Have been doing doing research for the past few days as i will like to use my nikon mount lens on my canon.

apparently, it seems that when use a AF lens with an adaptor,the AF function cannot be used because the camera cannot communitcate with lens chip through the adaptor. So its only manual focus

There might be a special adaptor with the chip but I am not sure... still checking up on it.

I am in the midst of building up a lens collection and considering my options before i start on this endeavour. I have a canon system, but am not brand specific. Just watever feels good and does the job. So reading up Ken rockwell site had me considering building a lens collection that is usable on 2 camera types.

Let me know if there is an adaptor that resolves the communication issue between the canon body and nikon lens.
Thank you

They used specially made mounts that are these very things for the movie Corpse Bride. With the money they had I don't really know why they did it either, but they did. I could see more need for the reverse...so one could use an old MF 85 1.2 on a Nikon body...the only real benifit of Nikon lenses over Canon are on the newer AF and that's just a very slight edge...an edge you'd lose with the adapters as you'd lose the AF.

I could see MF with that 14-24 or whatever super zoom from Nikon...but if you had the money for that and an adapter I'd just get a used 14L...

Paul

Its for fun...ok

there are many adapters for different lenses to be used on EOS system, I like to play with adapters

my suggestion will be if you are using a semi-pro EOS xxD, change the focus screen will be the best option. if you don't want to change it, then get a AF indication adapter, you can have the indication light up when on focus -- but manual focus only, so AI and AIS will be the best, hyperfoucing scale...:bsmilie:

hope this help, if you can't find an adapter, you may let me know

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.