.: Nikon F65 or F55 :.

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffliang

Jun 13, 2004
East
Hey guys,

helping my friend ask actually. She can get a F55 $100+ cheaper than a F65. Tried checking the Nikon site, the two showed little difference. Wondered if I missed out any details that showed the significant difference in price?

Thanks guys. =)

-geoff

geoffliang said:
Hey guys,

helping my friend ask actually. She can get a F55 $100+ cheaper than a F65. Tried checking the Nikon site, the two showed little difference. Wondered if I missed out any details that showed the significant difference in price?

Thanks guys. =)

-geoff

These 2 models are old ones. How about the F75? :thumbsup:

Consider F80 for it's good price & features! :)

geoffliang said:
Hey guys,

Thanks guys. =)

-geoff
if you are interested i am selling my F65D... seldom used.. still got warrenty one..free 28-200 len.PM me... :bsmilie:

thanks guys for directing me to other options but the 75 and 80 is over her budget.

do you guys know why the $100 diff?

and nikonsiao, I'll let her know. =)

thnx!

geoffliang said:
Hey guys,

Thanks guys. =)

-geoff

Read the review by Thom Hogan (www.bythom.com). Think it did mention why u shd choose the F65 over the F55.

F55's hotshoe does not do TTL, so you can only get TTL flash from the onboard flash itself. F55 is also incompatible with AF-S lenses and only has 3 AF sensors. You might want to consider my $200 F65. :D PM me.

Btw whats her budget? F80 is really the best choice...can get it at around $450+- for a good condition 2nd hand one... Ive gone thru the pain and waste of time upgrading from F55 -> F75 -> F80 which i don't think im gonna change unless i got any extra $$ for further upgrading... :D

hmm..when it comes to a camera body, specs alone doesn't matter much. what would be important is actual usage. i would recommend the f80 over all the other, since it offers everything a serious photographer would ever need. a second hand f80 can be gotten for maybe $450, a new one maybe $600+.

the main reason to get a f80 would be:
full support for ttl flash, allows slow sync and rear curtain sync.
support for all of nikon's lens(except dx which are for dslr)
full control over all the function on the camera, instead of all the hidden function in f55/65/75 which can only be used in those "vari program" modes(sport/portrait,etc).
things like choice of metering, choice of focusing are hidden functions on f65/75, whereas on f80 u can select them with the controls on the camera body.
convinent controls. everything u need to do is on the camera body itself as a knob or a button.

~MooEy~

Status
Not open for further replies.