Not open for further replies.
obewan said:
Don't worry too much about Dark side or Back side. As long as
your pictures come out not totally dark can 'liao'. :bsmilie:

Even Obewan joined the dark side in reality.:bsmilie: Or am I wrong?:confused:

does it matter dark side or white side??:dunno:
as long not backside can liao :bsmilie: *lame sia*

forward said:
Since mid 1940's Nikon has been the main photo gear for the professionals. Then Canon took over the lead during the 1970's with their good and effective marketing practices leaving all the Nikonians wondering what had happened. On the side note, Nikon did not spend enough research into marketing and did not want to spend the advertising dollar.

Well typed :thumbsup:
the problem is now , Canon has grown toooo big for other competitor to try to match.
Let us see how it ends :)

A bit of history about this...

Actually, I started this Dark Side nonsense about 7-8 yrs ago on the old AsiaPhoto website.

It was all in good fun, just having a poke at the people on the Canon side. Initially, I called the Canon people 'Canonites' - a play on name of the Biblibical 'Canaanites'.i.e.Their converse - the Nikon people being the Israelites or the Chosen people.:rolleyes:

Actually, the subsequent terms for the Canon people "White Knights" and later "Jedi Knights' was coined by one of the former presidents of the Nature Photographic Society Of Singapore - Alex Yap.

I would taunt the Canon people to 'come over to the Dark Side'.

Then the thing developed into the Dark Jedi Knights (Darth Vader) vs the White Jedi Knights(Yoda, Luke,OBW) or something silly like that. :rolleyes:

I'm a quite amused that it has carried over to this website....probably via people from the former Asiaphoto and subsequent Offstone site.

The thing is to take it for what it is, a platform to take a friendly (albeit competitive)poke/jab at the other side. Don't let it become a religion for heaven's sake.

forward said:
Since mid 1940's Nikon has been the main photo gear for the professionals. Then Canon took over the lead during the 1970's with their good and effective marketing practices leaving all the Nikonians wondering what had happened. On the side note, Nikon did not spend enough research into marketing and did not want to spend the advertising dollar.

Then to all the Nikon fans, cheers came back with the surprise launch of the D70. Big advertising budget was placed to put the D70 up front until there isn't a response from all its competitors. A first again for Nikon to put a smile back to all its users. Another sign where no competitor can come near is the fact that you can use all the older manual lenses make by Nikon in almost all the recent DSLRs. This is really thumb up for all those who have invested in the system.

Now for the kill, the D200 is another item on the list where Nikon really put the competitors back to their drawing board. I am sure Nikon has at last realise to create and design cameras from the photograhers point of view is the answer to prosperity. :)

This is actually not true. Nikon actually had the lion's share of the pro and semi-pro market till the early 90s when it started losing ground to Canon. But both companies were about neck and neck in film SLR market share till the introduction of Digital where Nikon began to loose significant ground in the early part of the Century.

zaxh81 said:
why you so concern about dark or light side?
does it bother you?:dunno:

:bsmilie: No lah.... I just want to find out how did it all started...

TMC said:
You join backside with who?!?!? :bigeyes: :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

espn said:
In a few light years away, 2 colonies were often fighting for world domination.

The Dark and The Light.

The Dark was dark because the sunlight was shielded by The Light. Which in turn is called The Light because the sun rays were mostly abosrbed by them.

When the war started or why the war started was unknown. The Light and the Dark began to fight each other, using massive destruction of weapons like Dark Cabres D2X loaded with 1200-1700mm and countering with Light Cabres 1DS MKII loaded with 1200mm.

Due to the nature of The Dark planet, no sunlight means no bright colours, all weapons created were thus Black in colour. For The Light, too much sunlight was available, the weapons would go koyak when under the sun for too long. The war was in favour of the Dark Side.

However, The Light, after much research and fighting, they developed the Light system, which was white in colour. This in turn allowed the weapons to be used under the hot sunlight.

There was an even fight between the two now. The winning was just a matter of light years time before everything can be resolved.

There came The Dark greatest invention. The similar Light Cabres. These weapons were very light in colour, similar to that of The Light. It was very well camofluged and The Light didn't realise they had enemy forces within them. The colour used was purposely grey but near white. This was to allow The Dark warriors to recognise their own infiltrators.

And who shall now win... the saga continues...

hahaha jus read this story... wonder when is the story gonna continue ;p

alechim said:
dark side coz nikon lens all dark except if you specially order a grey lens lor...

Canon's L lens all white what!

order from TCW. then all your nikon is grey already.

zhang3feng said:
hahaha jus read this story... wonder when is the story gonna continue ;p
Amazed somebody managed to dig this up.. I wanted to type the same thing on the first post I posted my reply in this thread, but too lazy :bsmilie:

TMC said:
He meant the actually color of the lens.

i know.. i am just making a pun. -.-"

Status
Not open for further replies.