Nikon D90. i need help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpinestars

Dec 14, 2008
Hi all,

I getting a Nikon D90 in this few days. so i have some questions, can u guys help me out before i buy it.
Now i'm in taiwan for holidays, i need to know the updated price in singapore. If here is cheap, then i will get from taiwan instead.

Q1. Price for Nikon D90 kit wif 18-105mm

Q2. Price for Nikon D90 wif Nikkor 18-200mm

Q3. I went to few shop in taiwan, i saw the Nikkor 18-200mm lens with (made in thailand) on it. can i still find those (made in japan)?
are there any diff between them?

Please help me with all these questions.
many thanks

Assuming you're staying in Singapore, I suggest you just get it back here for the local warranty. For the record, D90 + 18-105 is about S$1.6k. There's another D90 + 18-55/55-200 kit lens bundle now, not the 18-200 though.

Those lens are made in thailand or japan?

Earlier versions of 18-200 are MIJ. Rest are MIT.

So far the 18-55 I've seen are all MIT. Hmmm, does it matter?

actually, i new in this hobby.i not quite sure about the quality between them (lens).
btw, is there a bundle of D90 and 18-200mm VR in singapore right now?

actually, i new in this hobby.i not quite sure about the quality between them (lens).
btw, is there a bundle of D90 and 18-200mm VR in singapore right now?

there is no formal bundle for d90 and 18-200....

and quality is subjective....image quality...?or built quality..??

Made in thailand, made in japan....still the same parts used rite...?? there is something called QC....made in thailand stuff are not inferior in that sense....and so many fellow nikon users here all have made in thailand bodies in their hands....do u see anybody complaining...??would u wanna get an imported made in japan camera with no warranty...?

and if u are talking about image quality, i would think the 18-105/18-55 + 55-200 will give u better image quality compared to the 18-200......why? cause there would have to be a need for some compromise in image quality when covering such a long focal range....but in return u get the convenience.....depends wad u wan la..have an all in one with slightly less IQ......or have two lens with a little better IQ...but having to change lens.......

My take though is that the difference would be negligible, and if u are really very picky about having the lens with the best IQ....then wadeva u mentioned so far should not be in your consideration...

Wherer can I get it on this price then? I found the best price in chanllenger is 1888. D90 + 18-105 is about S$1.6k
Thanks

Wherer can I get it on this price then? I found the best price in chanllenger is 1888. D90 + 18-105 is about S$1.6k
Thanks

John 3:16 is offering $16X0 with 4gb and bag
Alan Photo is offering $16X0 with 4gb and card reader

Both located at Funan, 2nd and 5th floor

Better call them first before heading down.

Today I made a few calls to MS, AP, CP, Lords, etc most of them out of stock for the D90.

Looks like they are not sure when it will come in

there are quite a few shops with D90 still available in Sim Lim but then you have to take some time to walk around asking for the price.

Orient & Alan photo both out of stock .. my friend got the camera with 18-105 with 4G SD @ 1650 from a corner shop last wednesday

I give you a better suggestion... get a Nikon Body (D90 is your pref) from a CSer... and buy a local warranty 18~200mm Nikkor (Does not matter where it comes from).

I bought 2 times and accumulated a lost of around $2k

Traded all my Sigmas/ Tamron 2.8 lens for Nikkor 2.8

Sold the 18~135 + 55~200mm, topped up to get the 18~200mm... and stuffs like that.

If you have not developed a shooting style and pref yet... Buy a 2nd hand body and get a 18~200mm if you are into Nikon. Chances are you are less likely to regret this set up.

Most veteran/ experienced shooters I know walk around with their D200/ D300 + 18~200mm, 12~24mm or 11~18mm and a fish eye... and guess what.. they shoot stunning pictures!

DON't PAY more than needed...

Cheers.

I give you a better suggestion... get a Nikon Body (D90 is your pref) from a CSer... and buy a local warranty 18~200mm Nikkor (Does not matter where it comes from).

I bought 2 times and accumulated a lost of around $2k

Traded all my Sigmas/ Tamron 2.8 lens for Nikkor 2.8

Sold the 18~135 + 55~200mm, topped up to get the 18~200mm... and stuffs like that.

If you have not developed a shooting style and pref yet... Buy a 2nd hand body and get a 18~200mm if you are into Nikon. Chances are you are less likely to regret this set up.

Most veteran/ experienced shooters I know walk around with their D200/ D300 + 18~200mm, 12~24mm or 11~18mm and a fish eye... and guess what.. they shoot stunning pictures!

DON't PAY more than needed...

Cheers.

That wad i'm heading towards. To get a 18-200mm for just 'playing around' first and to learn the art of taking stunning images. (as the 18-200mm is for convience sake.)
then buy a 50mm or fish eye in future.
wad u guys think?

Better call them first before heading down.

Today I made a few calls to MS, AP, CP, Lords, etc most of them out of stock for the D90.

Looks like they are not sure when it will come in

No stock !!

That's bad news for me.

No stock !!

That's bad news for me.

Bro, thought I shared this with you.

I've just accompanied my friend to Lord's yesterday evening. Originally intended to get a Canon 50D as she's selling her 400D.

Cut the story short, after comparing 50D, D300 and D90 (which is the last piece I'm told), she decided to get the D90 with 18-200 lens. Cost her $2380. ;)

Hope this info helps you.

That wad i'm heading towards. To get a 18-200mm for just 'playing around' first and to learn the art of taking stunning images. (as the 18-200mm is for convience sake.)
then buy a 50mm or fish eye in future.
wad u guys think?

If I were you, I would buy the D90 with 18-105mm vr kit to save $ over the 18-200mm lens.

Then I could immediately buy a prime lens to enjoy the bokeh/out of focus area. Lenses like:

50mm f1.8 or f1.4
35mm f2

or Sigma 30mm f1.4

Just my thougths ;)

Another misconception.....

f/1.2~2.8 are FAST LENS!!!! They allow more light into the sensor therefore you get to focus and shoot faster... Nowadays with a D3.. Just Crank up the ISO.

Bokeh are nice because...

1. Photographer understands the subject in relation to the background

2. 9 diaphragm blades and rounded diaphragm blades gives more circular 'bokeh area'

You don't need a 1.8 or 1.4 to 'create Bokeh'. Lots of people use that to take female portaits and children as it gives a sweet spot/ out of focus or soft touch to the picture.

PLEASE READ UP AND SHOOT MORE....

I can get NICE BOKEH at f8 even. See attached picture shot at f/4.5 105mm

http://nghofei.multiply.com/photos/album/25/Bokeh#1

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.