Nikon D750 not working with AFD lens

ildafi

Oct 19, 2010
Hi All,

Does anyone of you have any issues with D750 body not working with AFD lens. I just bought the D750 about few days back and it is not able to focus with Nikon 28-70 f2.8D lens. Did try on D700 body and the lens is working perfectly fine. Would like to know if anyone else have this issue and how to rectify this problem. Many thanks

Hi All,

Does anyone of you have any issues with D750 body not working with AFD lens. I just bought the D750 about few days back and it is not able to focus with Nikon 28-70 f2.8D lens. Did try on D700 body and the lens is working perfectly fine. Would like to know if anyone else have this issue and how to rectify this problem. Many thanks

Have you tried other AFD lens on your D750?

How about the switch on the left part of the body (AF, M)?

I have tried with a 24 f2.8D and it shows the same result. I am sure that the switch is set at AF during time of test. I have also tried on the 24-120f4 lens and the lens is able to autofocus properly without hesitation.

Hi . Pls see if you have set the maximum aperture. On the af-d lense you have to slide the switch to maximum aperture otherwise will not focus . I was having the same problem .

Hi . Pls see if you have set the maximum aperture. On the af-d lense you have to slide the switch to maximum aperture otherwise will not focus . I was having the same problem .

Bingo ....

I am still having the issue. I tested out with a few af-d lenses today, there are some lenses that are able to autofocus but there are also that can't.
Lenses that was tested was 28-70f2.8d and 80-200f2.8d. For the lenses that was not able to autofocus, a faint ticking sound can be heard coming from the lens. I'm not sure what is the symptoms for that. Did some googling and found that there are cases where the lenses are not able to autofocus with the D750. I guess that the only way is to send them to NSC for checks.

Nope. There was no error indication. I tried a few other lenses such as 17-35f2.8D. The lenses autofocus fine.