nikon D5200 announce soon?

@ Lenslut hope brother can catch some ball :)

AF-D lens is non built-in SWM, but still able to works with screw driver motor on body.
But coating wise is made for film day an not as rich as G coating lenses and limited of performance as higher MP such as D800 and above, cause the IQ not as good like HD photo quality.

If when to G Lenses has built-in SWM on lens only, even non screw drive on body an still working on SWM.

The coating has newly design to suit new technology and more rich color with improved over the film camera.

But except some AF-G lens is without aperture ring and label as G and still work as screw drive.
The image quality as good, but still not meet to AF-S lens.

Cheers!

Actually, you are not correct rain5533.

There are some D lenses out there that have SWM motor.

And there are some AF-S lenses out there that are not G lenses.

And some AF-S G lenses do not perform as well as the Ai, Ai-S and AF-D versions.

@ Lenslut hope brother can catch some ball :)

AF-D lens is non built-in SWM, but still able to works with screw driver motor on body.
But coating wise is made for film day an not as rich as G coating lenses and limited of performance as higher MP such as D800 and above, cause the IQ not as good like HD photo quality.

If when to G Lenses has built-in SWM on lens only, even non screw drive on body an still working on SWM.

The coating has newly design to suit new technology and more rich color with improved over the film camera.

But except some AF-G lens is without aperture ring and label as G and still work as screw drive.
The image quality as good, but still not meet to AF-S lens.

Cheers!

all these bickering about G or D lenses... it does get confusing but...

just to say it out loud, not all G lenses are great. and not all D lenses are not able to perform in D800/E.

have you tried some of the earlier batches of consumer grade G lenses?

to cut a long story short, G lenses are Nikkors that do not have an aperture ring. to change the aperture, you have to dial it in from your camera body. that's it.

D lenses are Nikkors that are fitted with this Distance focus information chip, helping with the camera's 3D matrix metering mode, D-ttl and i-ttl flash autoexposure.

sorry to rain on your parade but the sad truth is, all G lenses are also D type in the sense that they have the same function, just that they do not have the aperture ring.

and, I own a D800E and I uses only D lenses as I do not see the need to upgrade my collection. granted, I am certain that the new pro grade lenses can outperform my current D lenses but that does not mean my current collection are crap and cannot perform.

the key is, right lenses for the right application and if the lens cannot perform, it is time to sell and then upgrade. so far, i've only sold the Sigma 12-24 V2.

ok, O.T over.

And some AF-S G lenses do not perform as well as the Ai, Ai-S and AF-D versions.

spot on.

:thumbsup:

Cheesecake said:
all these bickering about G or D lenses... it does get confusing but...

just to say it out loud, not all G lenses are great. and not all D lenses are not able to perform in D800/E.

have you tried some of the earlier batches of consumer grade G lenses?

to cut a long story short, G lenses are Nikkors that do not have an aperture ring. to change the aperture, you have to dial it in from your camera body. that's it.

D lenses are Nikkors that are fitted with this Distance focus information chip, helping with the camera's 3D matrix metering mode, D-ttl and i-ttl flash autoexposure.

sorry to rain on your parade but the sad truth is, all G lenses are also D type in the sense that they have the same function, just that they do not have the aperture ring.

and, I own a D800E and I uses only D lenses as I do not see the need to upgrade my collection. granted, I am certain that the new pro grade lenses can outperform my current D lenses but that does not mean my current collection are crap and cannot perform.

the key is, right lenses for the right application and if the lens cannot perform, it is time to sell and then upgrade. so far, i've only sold the Sigma 12-24 V2.

ok, O.T over.

Thank you so much brother he he!

Today has been learnt a class.

daredevil123 said:

Thanks you DD, I'm forgotten about AF-S 17-35mm D lens :(

daredevil123 said:
and the AF-S 80-200/2.8D lens and AF-S 28-70/2.8D

The D trinity back in the day.

nonetheless all these EOL. left 17-35 and iirc afs 14mm f/2.8d .

nonetheless all these EOL. left 17-35 and iirc afs 14mm f/2.8d .

well, EOL or not, I just mentioned those to point out that D and G are totally two different things and have no relation to whether they have AF-S or not.

Back to the D5200

According the CNET the D5200 has uncompressed HDMI out similar to the D800.

What's New

24.1-megapixel CMOS sensor: Boasting an ISO range of 100 to 6,400 (expandable to 25,600), the newly-developed 24.1-megapixel DX format CMOS sensor coupled with an enhanced Expeed 3 image processor promises better image quality in low light.

New in-camera user interface: Nikon has implemented a new graphical user interface which gives users a quick overview of the current camera settings, along with three key settings, shutter speed, aperture and ISO, represented by three onscreen dials.

Improved autofocus system: Equipped with a 39-point autofocus system, the user can choose between using different groups of focal points and even using 3D tracking to maintain a focus lock on moving subjects.

Uncompressed HDMI output: The new dSLR will be able to record full-HD videos with uncompressed HDMI output, which means videographers will be able to get the highest possible quality video files.

Inbuilt stereo microphone: The camera now sees the addition of a stereo microphone which will provide you with higher quality audio recording when shooting videos.

CNET.com: Nikon D5200

Last edited:
Looks real good!

Let the mad rush to dump the D5000 and D5100 begin!

Been using my 5100 for 14 mths and they came out 5200 ytd. Was totally devastated... makes me feel that my camera is antique if compared specs-to-specs wise... :(

lewissac said:
Been using my 5100 for 14 mths and they came out 5200 ytd. Was totally devastated... makes me feel that my camera is antique if compared specs-to-specs wise... :(

Welcome to the tech world!

lewissac said:

14 moths? Did you inherit from your grandparents?

ageha said:
14 moths? Did you inherit from your grandparents?

Come on! I still own and use a Nikon D70. I must have inherited it from the dinosaurs then! Haha!

just use it till the D5300 it's out, if not it's a never ending upgrade =).