Nikon D40 or D40X

Status
Not open for further replies.
D40 or D40x don't have AF motor inside the camera body. So, AF only can be done with the lenses with AF motor on the lens.

Regards,
Arto.

Sorry for asking. How do I know which lens have AF motor in the lens and which do not? Any indication on the lens or which are the lens that have AF motor in it?

Thanks

Michael

u want 10mp go for d 80 1780 for body with 18-135mm kit lens (rather good) living with it... heard that there are some prob with d40x from my friend it keeps restarting(on and off) sometimes and has problems supporting lenses so he say don buy it he

Wow, serious. Is it only 1 unit faulty of is it main technical fault? I'm consider this as one of the options too.

Michael

Sorry for asking. How do I know which lens have AF motor in the lens and which do not? Any indication on the lens or which are the lens that have AF motor in it?

Thanks

Michael
For sure, the AF-S is Nikon lenses with motor inside.

Regards,
Arto.

I'm also interested to know about these 2 camera. Same at marsulein
These are the difference that bother me.

1. D40 has a faster flash sync speed than D40x.
Beside knowing that sync speed is the fastest shutter speed you can use with flash. What else does it really help in?

2. ISO 100. From a magazine I read, it said it's better for long shutter speed or studio flash. So what say you guys?

3. Shutter:
D40: Combined mechanical and CCD electronic shutter, 30 to 1/4000 s. in steps of 1/3, bulb
D40x: Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal plane shutter, 30 to 1/4000 s. in steps of 1/3 EV, bulb
What is the difference between these 2? Which is 'better'?

marsulein, please tell me if I'm hijacking your thread. Will remove my post.

Oh please, dont be silly! There's no point in starting another thread of the same topic, is there? Besides, I just know of something which I dont know from your research. :thumbsup:

u want 10mp go for d 80 1780 for body with 18-135mm kit lens (rather good) living with it... heard that there are some prob with d40x from my friend it keeps restarting(on and off) sometimes and has problems supporting lenses so he say don buy it he

referring back to my previous post ya the prob is actually resolved they say his firmware is corrupted thats y it causes this problem not after they reinstalled the firmware it is solved! guys do not get pissed with nikon it may be a bad camera my friend got:)

hope that my previous post can enlighten u guys and ya thinking back since it was actually a firmware issue d40x can be one of the choices of camera that u may want cause it is cheap and 10mp but need af-s lenses

Wow, serious. Is it only 1 unit faulty of is it main technical fault? I'm consider this as one of the options too.

Michael

heyhey ya it was actually a firmware prob my friend has encountered cause his camera is now working after a firmware upgrade...corrupted firmware

For sure, the AF-S is Nikon lenses with motor inside.

Regards,
Arto.

there will be a mark on top of the camera stating af-s juz confirm be4 buying with the salesman and bring ur camera down to test!in case it is uncompatible

Status
Not open for further replies.