Nikon Built to Last after dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minus70

Jan 21, 2007
Infront of Computer
Accidently kick my D200 with 17-55 F2.8 from a height of about 0.7m and travelled a distance of about 0.2m. Picked it up and start shooting again. Nothing seem to be damage except some scratches on the side of the Filter. Wondering what else to check after such drop. :sweat:

check the bulb mode.

Ouch must be painful. Sorry for asking what you mean bulb mode? only got A, P, M and P. Which one is it?

Don't know how you feel after dropping it, but I was in agony after three of my lenses soaked with water from the sprinkler :cry:

good reason for send in for servicing; ask them to do sensor cleaning also...

If lens and camera are still under warranty, send them to NSC for checking. If they're past the warranty date, you should still send them to NSC. Better to be safe. :)

Accidently kick my D200 with 17-55 F2.8 from a height of about 0.7m and travelled a distance of about 0.2m. Picked it up and start shooting again. Nothing seem to be damage except some scratches on the side of the Filter. Wondering what else to check after such drop. :sweat:

Just send in for general servicing, if there is any repair (touch wood) to be done, they will call you with the quotations.

If lens and camera are still under warranty, send them to NSC for checking. If they're past the warranty date, you should still send them to NSC. Better to be safe. :)

When we send it in, do we tell them we dropped the camera and require a check? Will dropping the camera actually void the warranty? Or just tell them the camera needs checking without mention of the drop?

I'd think so too. Any visible damage, obviously caused by dropping/physical damage, would cause the camera warranty to be void. At least for the part that they deem would be affected.

My wife was made to sign a letter of indenmity when she sent her handphone to Nokia centre, after there was obvious signs of dropping.

I dropped my camera whilst it was in the bag when i hung it up at a height of about 1.5m. Bag came crashing down along with the camera and lenses in it. Camera working fine with no visible damage but worried something inside might be spoilt. So dunno if i should tell them that i dropped the camera or just send it in for servicing with no mention of the drop as its not visible and its still under warranty.

Pardon me for my ignorance and hijacking this thread a little. Will the dropping affect the join between the lens and body? Like become loose or something like that?

Michael

Ouch must be painful. Sorry for asking what you mean bulb mode? only got A, P, M and P. Which one is it?

M and then turn (decrease) the shutter speed until you see bULb. Anyway, you'll need to check the focus accuracy (check for front/back focus), the mirror and the shutter, but usually the body won't suffer much. It should be the lens you should be more worried about.. Whether the zoom ring still smooth, whether the AF-S still work as it should. Look inside to see if there arae cracks in the elements inside etc..

Send in the lens for service without telling them anything. Just got cleaning and everything else is fine. Phew..... Seem like I got lucky this time round.

You are lucky. My friend's D200 and all other gear went for a swim in Bangkok river as the boat he was on flipped over.:sweat: Now he:bheart:

You are lucky. My friend's D200 and all other gear went for a swim in Bangkok river as the boat he was on flipped over.:sweat: Now he:bheart:

He din buy travel insurance?

He din buy travel insurance?

travel insur cover equipment?serious?
so whenever i want to get new bodies and lens, all i do is 'accidentally' drop them into rivers?
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.