Nikon Auto bracketing

addroger

Feb 6, 2010
Hi,

I am new with Nikon setup after switching from Canon. Got my hands on one and tried to mingle with one borrowed from my friend (D700 or D7000 cannot recall) hopefully can pick-up the finer touch faster.

I tried to do some bracketing shot. Generally the frame would be exposured at brighter, Neutral and darker. Had no issue when I am using Canon. With a press of the button, the camera would normally take 3 frame separately on its own. But I noticed this does not happen on the Nikon camera; I sort of need to take the frames manually (in this case, 3 times). Read some write-up I seems not to have miss out anything, neither is it mentioned in the manual or internet; including my friend who uses the camera without utilising this function.

Can anyone help? Thank you.

btw, by setting bracketing to flash bracketing, setting the function button to bracketing burst and holding down the fn button while in single shot mode, you can get 8fps without using the MBD10 on either the d300 or d700

Gee,

Thank you for the information. It seems that there's loads to be set prior to usage. But indeed it is packed with features.

Hi,

I am new with Nikon setup after switching from Canon. Got my hands on one and tried to mingle with one borrowed from my friend (D700 or D7000 cannot recall) hopefully can pick-up the finer touch faster.

I tried to do some bracketing shot. Generally the frame would be exposured at brighter, Neutral and darker. Had no issue when I am using Canon. With a press of the button, the camera would normally take 3 frame separately on its own. But I noticed this does not happen on the Nikon camera; I sort of need to take the frames manually (in this case, 3 times). Read some write-up I seems not to have miss out anything, neither is it mentioned in the manual or internet; including my friend who uses the camera without utilising this function.

Can anyone help? Thank you.

Basically the functions are separate.
When you turn on bracketing and set it up, it defines how the exposure changes from one shot to the next until the sequence is complete.
To take multiple shots with a single press requires you to activate the continuous shooting mode (CL or CH) as well.

Does the Canon activate both bracketing and continuous shooting at the same time? Interesting to note.