Nikon AFS DX lens on other brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBL2009

Jul 9, 2009
Seletar Estate, Singapore
Can I use Nikon AFS DX lens on other brands and what brands accept these lenses. Do I need special mount?

I searched but couldn't find the answer. Thanks.

Are you sure you searched? "use nikon lens on other cameras" works well here and on google.

Thanks.

I searched CS with "AFS DX on other brands" and couldn't get the answer.

Don't use afs dx, use the term "nikon lenses" as it's the mount that's important, not the DX/FX factor.

Older Kodak DSLRs like SLR/n can, but DX lenses will vignette with their digital FFs.

Ryan

Thanks.

I have AFS DX 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses. So most interested to know if these lenses can be mounted on other brands when my nikon body retire. So I should look at the mount instead. No idea what mount accept AFS DX lenses. Have to goole again. Wish me luck. :sweat:

Thanks.

I have AFS DX 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses. So most interested to know if these lenses can be mounted on other brands when my nikon body retire. So I should look at the mount instead. No idea what mount accept AFS DX lenses. Have to goole again. Wish me luck. :sweat:

Those are just kit lenses. Totally not worth it, as switching bodies will normally give you the exact same lenses from the other brand bundled with the new body anyway.

Other than Fuji, which uses the Nikon F mount, all other brands will need an adapter, and then you can only manual focus.

DX or FX doesn't matter, you use the Nikon F mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.