Nikon 6T - How much & where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightning69

Jun 9, 2004
Can any one tell me how much & where can I buy a Nikon 6T close-up filters?

espn said:
CP, TK Foto, TCW.

I know CP is cathay photo. But what about TCW or TK photo and where are they located.

One more thing, what is the price?

but must use step down ring when use with the fz20 right? i am getting a fz20 soon, what's the diameter of the thread? and what is it for the 6T? keen to know. :)

Have no idea on the price as it varies based on thread sizes.

TCW is at Peninsula Hotel, TK Foto is at Shaw Towers

espn said:

oh, din know that it comes in diff thread sizes, silly me. :D

:) 52, 62, 72 only I believe, there's no 77mm sized ones :(

espn said:

Thanks for the info.

so is the FZ20 thread size 72mm?

nad said:
so is the FZ20 thread size 72mm?

It is if you attach the original hood on the camera. The end of the hood is 72mm.

snapMan said:
It is if you attach the original hood on the camera. The end of the hood is 72mm.

pardon my ignorance... but if dun use the hood, no thread to attach add on lens and filter? or?

you're not able to attach anything cos the lens will extend a little when you on the camera. The thread is on the barrel itself, after the focussing ring, not on the lens. So you'll need an adapter/hood to screw onto the thread and attach your stuff there.

nad said:
oh, din know that it comes in diff thread sizes, silly me. :D

The Nikon 6T comes in only one size which is 62mm. The diopter is 2.9. If you get the FZ20mm and use with the oriinal tube adapter, you need a step down ring of 72-62 mm. Or alternately, you can get another lens adapter for 62mm lenses.

As for price and where to get all those stuffs, I don't really know. But you can ask those guys at Cathy for more info.

Nikon 3T 52mm 1.5 Diopter
Nikon 4T 52mm 2.9 Diopter
Nikon 5T 62mm 1.5 Diopter
Nikon 6T 62mm 2.9 Diopter

If you want bigger sizes, you have to get Canon's 500D.

Helbreath said:
Nikon 3T 52mm 1.5 Diopter
Nikon 4T 52mm 2.9 Diopter
Nikon 5T 62mm 1.5 Diopter
Nikon 6T 62mm 2.9 Diopter

If you want bigger sizes, you have to get Canon's 500D.

Do you know where to get them in Sin and how much? Do you have any of them?

I have both the Nikon 6T and the Canon 500D. Both purchased from Cathay Photo.
Nikon 6T: 62mm dia/ 70S$
Canon 500D: 77 mm dia/ 240S$.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Gorby

gorby said:
I have both the Nikon 6T and the Canon 500D. Both purchased from Cathay Photo.
Nikon 6T: 62mm dia/ 70S$
Canon 500D: 77 mm dia/ 240S$.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Gorby

I see. But for the 500D it is a little expensive for a close up lens or rather, it is a filter. That price is quite high to pay for a lens. :bigeyes: The Canon 500D has only a diopter of 2.0. Quality wise is almost identical. Anyone interested to know more about these close up lens can read this link:

http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/20030608.html

But for prices and where about I am not sure except of CP.

Would like to get the Nikon 6T, but it's a 62mm thread. I guess I could get a 72 to 62mm step-down ring and use the tube adapter that comes with my FZ 20, but I don't like it - too big and bulky.

Anyone know where to get a Raynox or Phayee adapter tube for FZ 20 in Singapore?

Jediyam said:
Would like to get the Nikon 6T, but it's a 62mm thread. I guess I could get a 72 to 62mm step-down ring and use the tube adapter that comes with my FZ 20, but I don't like it - too big and bulky.

Anyone know where to get a Raynox or Phayee adapter tube for FZ 20 in Singapore?

Both not available here unless someone plans a MO for them. IMHO the Raynox is the better adapter if you are looking for cheaper lens accessories. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.