Nikon 60 micro or tokina 100 macro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Aug 28, 2006
Hi brother,
Please share some experience on which lens should i buy.

tokina! film compatibility.

60mm also film compatible too. so what is the big deal?

What range do you require? can you go close to your subject and take or you need more working distance?

If you're considering the tokina 100 macro, why not consider the Tamron 90mm as well? MTF charts at Photozone.de shows it's an extremely sharp lens. You can take a look at photozone.de to compare between the few macro lenses. Chk out the sigma 105mm macro as well

Thanks for your sharing.
BTW I need a general purpose macro lens.As much thing i can shot as better. I would like to try flora, insert and potrait also.and I never try macro lens before. I was now use 50mm f1.8 plus extension tube 25mm. The forcusing was very limited due to forcusing range is very narrow. My burget is limited, so i only got one chance to purchase. Once I buy I will try to fully utilize it and no burget to get another one. So must consider throughly.
Please share your expirence !!!

Thanks for your sharing.
BTW I need a general purpose macro lens.As much thing i can shot as better. I would like to try flora, insert and potrait also.and I never try macro lens before. I was now use 50mm f1.8 plus extension tube 25mm. The forcusing was very limited due to forcusing range is very narrow. My burget is limited, so i only got one chance to purchase. Once I buy I will try to fully utilize it and no burget to get another one. So must consider throughly.
Please share your expirence !!!
go for the tamron90 or tokina100 then...

If you're considering the tokina 100 macro, why not consider the Tamron 90mm as well? MTF charts at Photozone.de shows it's an extremely sharp lens. You can take a look at photozone.de to compare between the few macro lenses. Chk out the sigma 105mm macro as well
IIRC, Nikkor 60mm f/2,8 AFD Micro is known as the sharpest micro lens in Nikkor family. I own one :thumbsup: .

Regards,
Arto.

For the extra reach get the Tokina.

Status
Not open for further replies.