Nikon 35mm f1.8DX or 35mm f2FX

my vote for 35mm F2D

the focusing speed is a demon.. compared to the.. erm... call it a snail 35mm F1.8 DX.

but that doesn't stop the lens from making awesome images at F1.8 and on, sharp, good resolution and colours.

but if speed is of a concern, the 35mm F2D is good. :lovegrin:
else the cheaper 35mm F1.8 does fine.

hi, mind sharing some of ur works for reference and comparison?

Thanks...:)

many of the photos in my flickr are taken with the 35mms
I'm not so proud of my photography skill, but if u want u can just click on my signature and have a look ;)

the f1.8 will give u one stop advantage over the 35/2. both are roughly similar in cost over in buy/sell, IIRC.

A correction - the 35 f1.8 DX is only 1/3 of a stop faster than the f2 version....not a one stop advantage.

the 1.8 also focus faster than f2 cos it is AFS.

Ehmm..... I've tried both and don't feel there is a significant difference. The 35 f2D on my D700 focuses just as fast, if not very slightly faster, than the f1.8 DX...

i personally like the 35/2, after going thru both of the 50mm primes cos i like the view of the 35. never had any problems with it. if u are going to FF some time in the future, but do not wish to blow a wad of cash on the upcoming AFS 35/1.4, the 35/2 represents a good bargain nowadays. i see a couple being dumped by people now, probably cos they want to get the 35/1.4. :)

I agree! The classic 35mm field of view is just right for so many things on so many levels :)

Has anyone of you even seen the images of 35mm f/1.8 taken on a FF body? No I don't think so. :bsmilie: Apparently, this lens is full of surprises...

Yup it is a good people lens for normal shooting distances but the vignetting rears its head the moment you focus it to infinity for landscapes and such :)