Nikon 24-120 F4 VR lens

RyanKhoo

Apr 6, 2008
I went to shops selling Nikons and basically the kit lens for the Nikon D750 is the 24-120mm F4 VR lens.

Is this a good lens ?

Thanks

Agree, its a great travel lens.

Agreed. Great lens to use especially on a family vacation trip but it's a bit heavy when use even with a D750.

Thanks to all who posted.

So generally, the consensus is this is a good lens.

But how come, when I google "good lens for Nikon D750", generally this lens are not listed ?

Thanks

Actually, if you google "good lens for Nikon D750" you wouldn't get any proper hits. Most hits will show "best lens for Nikon D750", which will be the holy trinity zooms, and the prime lens.

You asked for "good", which we assume you are limited by weight/budget/size/etc. The Nikon 24-120/4 is a great balance of weight/quality/price/size.

Actually, if you google "good lens for Nikon D750" you wouldn't get any proper hits. Most hits will show "best lens for Nikon D750", which will be the holy trinity zooms, and the prime lens.

You asked for "good", which we assume you are limited by weight/budget/size/etc. The Nikon 24-120/4 is a great balance of weight/quality/price/size.

Thanks alfie for your post. cheers

It is quite an exceptional lens. It is our bread and butter lens for studio work.

unofficially, every lens is weather sealed, difference is how sealed each is... :bsmilie:

I've personally gone thru storms, rain, beach, swimming pools with my Nikon gear. Even the Nikon AF-D lens have gone thru snow melting on it.

With proper maintence, common sense, Nikon lens/bodies survive quite well actually.

I have taken the 24-120mm f/4 through rain & snow. No problem so far & its still kicking. :bsmilie:

Here is a pic taken with the lens while I am standing out in the middle of snow fall....

https://flic.kr/p/fFUUi2

I just wiped off the melted snow afterwards.

I've personally gone thru storms, rain, beach, swimming pools with my Nikon gear. Even the Nikon AF-D lens have gone thru snow melting on it.

With proper maintence, common sense, Nikon lens/bodies survive quite well actually.

As long as I did not dunk them into the water, all my gear has survived all kinds of weather, from -25 deg C to pouring rain, be it Nikon or not...

Last edited:

Thanks alfie for sharing your experience ...

I have taken the 24-120mm f/4 through rain & snow. No problem so far & its still kicking. :bsmilie:

Here is a pic taken with the lens while I am standing out in the middle of snow fall....

https://flic.kr/p/fFUUi2

I just wiped off the melted snow afterwards.

Thanks Light Machinery for sharing ..

Nice shots you have there :thumbsup: