Nikon 24-120 F4 or 28-300

Buy what you need. Not what is value for money. ;)

My 2 cents. Cheers.

Speed is reasonable in good lighting condition . Just loan this over the weekend for the Canon photo marathon. I would say its image quality is good considering its price however, I found out that I got complacent and would just stick at one spot and zoom in and zoom out instead of moving around like I did with my primes.

Well, good and bad. Glad that I loaned the lens to know more about my own shooting style.:)

Speed is reasonable in good lighting condition . Just loan this over the weekend for the Canon photo marathon. I would say its image quality is good considering its price however, I found out that I got complacent and would just stick at one spot and zoom in and zoom out instead of moving around like I did with my primes.

Well, good and bad. Glad that I loaned the lens to know more about my own shooting style.:)

thats the main benefit of zoom lens: for lazy people...:bsmilie: j/k

The 24-120 F4 is only 1/2 stop better and 4mm wider then the 28-300.. else.. the 28-300 should be a better choice

If 24-120f2.8 then dont need to think :thumbsup:

IQ cant compare to prime so both lens IQ will be almost similar.
Great for all the point sharing TKS

Both lens IQ are similar. Distortion, is also just as bad on both if anyone cares (I do).
What you need to decide on is extra length vs smaller aperture.

That's about it.

nikon 24-70f2.8 also distort badly at widest...........
seem prime is the route for the fussy one