Nikon 14mm F2.8d Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKY

Jul 15, 2005
Hi,

anyone use this lense before ?

how is the lense quality ?

list price S$3,250. look like is a high end WA lense.

haha..... look like everyone is celebrating the born of D200 and 18-200VR.

bro, thx for your response.

ya......i also noted this lense is very expensive. that why want to check anyone got any hand on report.

16mm and 10.5 fisheye are only s$1.3k (list price) nearly 3 times, it must have its selling points, may be is a ED lense

i think it's becos 14mm but not fisheye...so it's super wide...

LKY said:

ya......i also noted this lense is very expensive. that why want to check anyone got any hand on report.

16mm and 10.5 fisheye are only s$1.3k (list price) nearly 3 times, it must have its selling points, may be is a ED lense
bro, if I remember correctly, 16mm and 10.5mm are fish eye lens with distortion build-in, and 14mm is non-fish eye and has the optical design to correct the distortion effect.

get the sigma instead 3x cheaper and just as good image quality.

14mm on a nikon digital body can be equalled by a 16-35mm lens @ 16mm on a 1D I/II body.

food for thought.

slacker123 said:

14mm on a nikon digital body can be equalled by a 16-35mm lens @ 16mm on a 1D I/II body.

food for thought.

dun understand.... :dunno:

LKY said:

I think we are paying the high price for the small F number at a 14mm lens. I think the front lens is around 82mm in size. This lens cannot have any filter in front and the hood is built-in to protect the glass.

slacker123 said:

food for thought.

i dun understand his reasoning either (in the later part)

but as for the sigma 14mm ... look at the image samples ... sharpness ain't quite there ...

beside distortion effect correction and small aperture..... wat abt the lense sharpness and color richness.

is a titanium ring like 17-35 and 28-70 should have its selling points.

barely no distortion. great when using with film.

Its an awesome lens when used on a film, and was initially very welcomed as it gave a 21mm FOV for Nikon DX format DSLR's.

However, this lens sharpness starts to fall apart on newer DSLR bodies like the D2H/Hs and D2x. On the D100 and D70s its not as sharp as it is on film.

Perhaps you should read more about it from Bjørn Rørslett

gadrian said:
Its an awesome lens when used on a film, and was initially very welcomed as it gave a 21mm FOV for Nikon DX format DSLR's.

However, this lens sharpness starts to fall apart on newer DSLR bodies like the D2H/Hs and D2x. On the D100 and D70s its not as sharp as it is on film.

Perhaps you should read more about it from Bjørn Rørslett

now i understand why not so popular.....

Status
Not open for further replies.