Nikon 10-30mm works only at 13-30mm

HuguKYM

Sep 7, 2009
Commonwealth
Hi All,

Few days ago, my nikon 1 series lens, 10-30mm, suddenly has an error everytime I zoom to 10-12mm. However, it is working fine at 13-30mm.

Anybody has similar experience? I find a similar case at other forum, but there is no solution. Based on his experience, it works perfectly with nikon V2. However I do not own V2.

I went to NSC this afternoon, they quote me 130 for the repair. I shocked and left with out even asking the problem. (I was panic after heard about the fee).

Does anybody have any suggestion regarding this case? Any possible solution that I should try?

Thank you.

Did to check/update the software version for both camera and lens? Please ensure both are up to date.

Did to check/update the software version for both camera and lens? Please ensure both are up to date.

Thanks for the advice... will do. Hopefully it helps. Will update it later. Thank you so much

I have mine have problem as well. It started at the wide-end having problem. Later, the range that has problem get bigger and bigger. Now, the lens is not usable at all. I check that I have the latest firmware already. So, it is not related to firmware.

I have mine have problem as well. It started at the wide-end having problem. Later, the range that has problem get bigger and bigger. Now, the lens is not usable at all. I check that I have the latest firmware already. So, it is not related to firmware.

Really!? that is a problem then. Do you check with nikon, what is the problem? I think so, I just check my firmware.

Did you drop your camera or di somethng happen to your camera before hand?

I had this problem when I visited Venice last year. It happened very suddenly, at first erratic, but degraded quickly. I couldn't find a lens on its own, so bought a new J1. When I got back to Singapore, the NSC replaced the lens free of charge. Good way for Nikon to sell more cameras ;p