Nikkor Zoom AF D 24-85mm, 2.8/f – 4/f IF lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvgreenery

Apr 8, 2008
hi there,

I recently managed to get hold of the 'Nikkor Zoom AF D 24-85mm, 2.8/f – 4/f IF' lens from a friend, but I have no idea how I can make use of it. I'm a D60 user by the way.

Can any experienced users provide some advice with regards to using this lens?

- What type of shots is this lens best used for?
- Will the macro mode in this lens give me more macro shots, as compared to those using the 18-55mm kit lens?

Thanks!

This lens should be considered a good walk-about lens on FF bodies, it's focal length is equivalent to a 36-127.5mm on the crop sensor.

However, as it is an AF-D lens, it won't AF on your D60. The AF-S 24-85mm F/3.5-4.5 would be able to AF on the D40/x & D60.

WOW!!! That's great that u are able to use that lens. My LOVE my Life. In simple words, its GOOD! trust me on that. You can use it almost everywhere you go, and the best part, macro can do shot with it as well. visit my site to see my shots. alot of them are shot with that lens. I believe you may be able to figure out? ha. I think 70%-90% of my shots are shot using that lens, with the rest being 12-24 and 70-200. make full use of it my friend. It's a good catch yet hard to find I believe because I rarely see people using this lens unless you have been a nikon user for eons. Or should I say not many users have this lens, because the newer version is out, but f stop higher to meet market demand for perhaps a lower price I guess. Any help needed, PM me! =D

This lens should be considered a good walk-about lens on FF bodies, it's focal length is equivalent to a 36-127.5mm on the crop sensor.

However, as it is an AF-D lens, it won't AF on your D60. The AF-S 24-85mm F/3.5-4.5 would be able to AF on the D40/x & D60.

Ohh i see.. thanks for the info!

WOW!!! That's great that u are able to use that lens. My LOVE my Life. In simple words, its GOOD! trust me on that. You can use it almost everywhere you go, and the best part, macro can do shot with it as well. visit my site to see my shots. alot of them are shot with that lens. I believe you may be able to figure out? ha. I think 70%-90% of my shots are shot using that lens, with the rest being 12-24 and 70-200. make full use of it my friend. It's a good catch yet hard to find I believe because I rarely see people using this lens unless you have been a nikon user for eons. Or should I say not many users have this lens, because the newer version is out, but f stop higher to meet market demand for perhaps a lower price I guess. Any help needed, PM me! =D

I've tried using it and yeah, feels good. So would it be right to say that it's a 3-in-1 lens? In a way that there's wide-angle/macro/zoom possibilities..

According to the specs from the reviews online, the lens can do a 1:2 macro at 85mm.. is there any way to increase the capability of this lens to a 1:1 macro? Can I add extension tubes or something?

hi there,

I recently managed to get hold of the 'Nikkor Zoom AF D 24-85mm, 2.8/f – 4/f IF' lens from a friend, but I have no idea how I can make use of it. I'm a D60 user by the way.

Can any experienced users provide some advice with regards to using this lens?

- What type of shots is this lens best used for?
- Will the macro mode in this lens give me more macro shots, as compared to those using the 18-55mm kit lens?

Thanks!

What do you mean you have no idea how to make use of it? Slap it on your camera and go take some photos!

Do take note that because it is not an AF-S lens, you won't be able to have autofocus when using this lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.