Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF - compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meeh

Feb 1, 2002
Visit site
hello,

newbie here (or should i say, i'm trying to re-learn how to use my SLR...), hoping that someone can help! :)

i have a F401 body, and I was wondering if the above lens can be used on it? Should I get the china version, or the later Japanese version?

Cathay Photo said they're out of stock currently, does anyone know the price for this lens?

thanks!!

Originally posted by meeh
hello,

newbie here (or should i say, i'm trying to re-learn how to use my SLR...), hoping that someone can help! :)

i have a F401 body, and I was wondering if the above lens can be used on it? Should I get the china version, or the later Japanese version?

Cathay Photo said they're out of stock currently, does anyone know the price for this lens?

thanks!!

It will work fine on the F-401.

Originally posted by meeh
hello,

thanks!!

someone is selling here http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/sg/auction/73455868?aucview=0x23

... but seriously ... i DUN THINK the price stated is a good one ...

thanks for your replies! :thumbsup:

wow - $280 for a second hand lens. online websites sell it new at USD90-110, excluding shipping. (Actually even if I add shipping it's only about S$250 :D)

will go scout around to see if other shops have it in stock.

Hi.

New one should be around S$185, secon hand one should be between S$100 to S$120. Depends on seller.

I think a shop in Lucky plaza is selling some "grey" ones at S$185. I know cos i bought second hand from a user who bought from there 1 month ago. Then it ended in my hand just 4 days ago. :p

I got one for sell. $110.
Excellent condition. Anyone?

popeye - how old is your lens and how much use have u put through it? :D

haven't had time yet to trawl the shops but thanks all for your comments!!

Just bought mine at $180 at John 3:16 last week. Think they still have stock... din check whether made in China or Japan. According to wad i know, i think all stocks now come from China...

thks appreciate the update :thumbsup:

i understand the earlier lenses were from china, these were discontinued in 2002, so wondering whether the japan lenses are in. :)

Hi there, just went to Alan Photo yesterday, they got stocks of AF 50mm f1.8 (made in China) & AF 50mm f1.4 (made in Japan). You can call them for a quote on the phone.

Just don't them all, got to leave 1 for me. :D

How to tell that the lens are made in China? I got a 50mm F1.8 grey from AP, for S$175. Can't find any indications that it is made in China.

Those made in China or Thailand do not have the the word MADE IN JAPAN on the lens. AP do have those stock in hand right now.

Originally posted by b18
I don't know if this is the same lens .. but Nikon SRP is S$ 205 leh ?
how come this guy want to sell @ MUCH higher price?
:dunno:

there're lots of people who try to fetch prices higher than retail prices. just be careful and checkout when you participate in auctions.

Hi all. I think i saw one in a second hand shop next to Cathay Photo on Tuesday evening. Check it out if you need to buy one. I think it is the one without D.

tink i saw it in peninsula...anyway i also using the lens on my 401...but there is a f1.4 one that is even better i tink...the lens is no more in manufacture i heard....second hand bout 100 odd??

Just brought one at cathay Photo for $180.00 (Inc GST).

It is written on the len as "made in China" also got the warranty card from Cathay Photo.

rgds
bbchia

on the lens? which part?
mine (bought last week) only have "Nikon Corp., Japan" above the serial number ... can't find "made in china" anywhere ...

HOCL said:
on the lens? which part?
mine (bought last week) only have "Nikon Corp., Japan" above the serial number ... can't find "made in china" anywhere ...

Our laws are not that strict, and this creates an opportunity for them to mislead us, if they can! If you buy this lens from US or Australia, it will state "Made in China" very clearly, no such "Nikon Corp., Japan" nonsense.

Nevertheless this lens is still the best new lens in the world you can buy with S$160.

Status
Not open for further replies.