Night Shots without tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you may place your camera and use the timer. Otherwise you may use wide angle prime lens couples with high ISO performer camera i.e D3 :devil:

lol.. i thought the title says, Night shots without tripod? so why are there so many people saying about use tripod? i believe he ask whats happens if u went out and forgot to bring a tripod.. :)

Well, i always take night shots without tripod.. And the thing about ISO is that the higher u set it, the more noise u get.. So i always set at ISO 1200, then bump up slowly, changing the shutter speed as i go.. changing the white balance and flash exposure compensation also helps.. Always try to find the nearest support.. be it railings, dustbins, chairs, tables.. whatever u can find and is stable, use it..:D

Wow thanks for all the valuable input once again, was too busy at work that i havent got time to follow the thread.

As for some of the quotes above regarding my point and shoot. Ya i have got the sony t77 PNS camera and was comparing with my DSLR. with all the automated system in the camera, i can create clear and nice shot with just one shot. But i still need to play with alot of settings on my DSLR, thats is why i mentioned still a long way for mi to train. ;p

DSLR of cos is powerful in all aspect in terms of flexibilty settings and different lens for diff occasion. PNS i believe is able to shoot in all enviroment but not flexible to create effects and stuff.:thumbsup:

lol.. i thought the title says, Night shots without tripod? so why are there so many people saying about use tripod? i believe he ask whats happens if u went out and forgot to bring a tripod.. :)

Well, i always take night shots without tripod.. And the thing about ISO is that the higher u set it, the more noise u get.. So i always set at ISO 1200, then bump up slowly, changing the shutter speed as i go.. changing the white balance and flash exposure compensation also helps.. Always try to find the nearest support.. be it railings, dustbins, chairs, tables.. whatever u can find and is stable, use it..:D

ya i am trying to adapt to all the different settings to play with the exposure. so far my cam at iso1600 is still going fine. mabbe my eyes are not sensitive enuff to spot the noise.

nearest support is also one of my alternative when i went travelling using my PNS and railing as tripods. eheh

i see.. hmmm.. maybe u can take photos at night, from ISO 100 all the way to the max ISO.. Then compare the differences in the photos and u will be able to see the noise.. :D

Anyway, hope u will have fun when shooting!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.