Newton Hawkers I

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlock

Feb 28, 2004
www.superhyperreal.com
just did a series of work on Newton Circus, wanted to share a few pictures with you guys
enjoy!

Newton-Chicken-640.jpg

Newton-Prawn-640.jpg

Newton-Chickenwings-640.jpg

Newton-Magazine-640.jpg

I like the last one.

good composition, colourful.... and a very nice smile!

well done!:thumbsup:

The first and the third don't seem happy. Bad business? :wink:

Nice environmental portaits. Good work in knowing them so well that they posed for you!

mattlock said:
well I never said I like my hawkers all happy....heheh.

I know, but with that expression, only tell me they had a bad day at work. So did you ask them to pose, or just ask them to stand there?

very kwel and interesting ideas u have there . However i feel that the colours looks strange to my eye . Anyway gd catch

actually I asked them to give me a "bugger off" face.
they were actually quite happy people but I don't really like to have too many happy pictures...

I think the third guy is very cute. :bsmilie:

i think its a good start and really worth exploring further ... Your work both intrigues and thus sets you apart. well done and keep at it.

uh yeah they moved...anyway I thought newton lost its charm quite a few years back already when they stopped using lard to cook..
thank jazer. this is just the start of work related to local culture which I've been meaning to do. hoping to properly start on the magazine project which I mentioned a long time back, dealing with aspects of singaporean life.
If anyone is familiar with Colors magazine and would be interested in a project exploring various aspects of local life do drop me a message. I'm looking for people to collaborate with be it writers, photographers or other artists or people with connections.

The Chicken Wing fella is hilarious.

Got any more shots of other hawkers? Interesting concept.

other shots are more straightforward.... will post up some more later when I get around to working on them.

No. 1 & 3 uncle looks grumpy:angry: . U must have disturb them.:confused: But overall the color is nice and retro.

Status
Not open for further replies.