Newton Food Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseytan

Dec 16, 2002
home
This happen to me yesterday :

I was at Newton having dinner last night, then i took out my 10D to take some shots of my wife and her colleagues. Then the food came, uncle come and collect $$$. Then he said "This camera is Canon one ar ?", i said yes, then he said "Digital one ar ?", i said yes. He said, "I also have one, costs $2800". :eek: :eek:

He was from one of the BBQ seafood stall ... :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

caseytan said:

I was at Newton having dinner last night, then i took out my 10D to take some shots of my wife and her colleagues. Then the food came, uncle come and collect $$$. Then he said "This camera is Canon one ar ?", i said yes, then he said "Digital one ar ?", i said yes. He said, "I also have one, costs $2800". :eek: :eek:

with the price they 'hack' sometimes, wouldn't be surprised if he has a $280,000 cammie though :bsmilie:

caseytan said:

I am under the assumption that photographers could come from all walks of life... all levels of society.

Apparently you think otherwise and shocked to learn that a hawker could own a camera. Would it be less surprising if the hawker told you he uses a Nikon FE?

sebastiansong said:
I am under the assumption that photographers could come from all walks of life... all levels of society.

Apparently you think otherwise and shocked to learn that a hawker could own a camera. Would it be less surprising if the hawker told you he uses a Nikon FE?

i also gotten to know a cab driver with a 1D last year, i was cleaning my camera in the back seat when a conversation broke, i thought just like the NY cab driver, cool!

sebastiansong said:

well i never meant in a discriminating way as you think.

caseytan said:

this reminds me of my neighbour's kid who helps out at his dad's stall selling fish, driving a Skyline R34!! wish my dad's was a fishmonger....

good! This shows that photography is meant for any ppl...a very healthy(can also be luxury) hobby. :)

Guess no gf or wife will stop her bf/hubby from taking pictures :)

You might be surprised that someone actually need approval from spouse when buying lenses... :p

rainman said:
Guess no gf or wife will stop her bf/hubby from taking pictures :)

ptwong said:
this reminds me of my neighbour's kid who helps out at his dad's stall selling fish, driving a Skyline R34!! wish my dad's was a fishmonger....

remind me too... years back
saw 1 posher (I belive I spell the name wrong, not very good in car name :bsmilie: ) park @ the JTC coffee house.. (The old type), ask a uncle... know whose car is it.. guess what his answer..

'Oh, that my boss one.. the one making coffee for you all to drink one.. "

:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

therat said:
remind me too... years back
saw 1 posher (I belive I spell the name wrong, not very good in car name :bsmilie: ) park @ the JTC coffee house.. (The old type), ask a uncle... know whose car is it.. guess what his answer..

'Oh, that my boss one.. the one making coffee for you all to drink one.. "

:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

common, my uncle who run a canteen in a factory drive a big merc....
he is seen in his polo t-shirt and short making coffee all the time.

caseytan said:

hehehe..good thing your wife was there when you got your 10d :devil:

Heehee... that might be true... ;)
especially when it costs more than $3K... :D

ivor said:
You might be surprised that someone actually need approval from spouse when buying lenses... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.