News K-01 drops to 350 USD (430 sgd) and with 40mm XS kit is 550 sgd brand new

Of course every K-mount lens fits but none of them has a CDAF optimized motor.

Heard that its already pretty fast after the firmware upgrade.

Call me pessimistic but i think its a one-off product. I really dun see pentax building a new mirrorless eco-system with the k-01.

detritus said:
Heard that its already pretty fast after the firmware upgrade.

Call me pessimistic but i think its a one-off product. I really dun see pentax building a new mirrorless eco-system with the k-01.

It's faster than other mirror-less systems with adapted lenses but still slower and louder compared to those systems with native lenses. Well, at least from my short experiences I had in shops throughout this year.

I know Pentax will never release a lens designed for the K-01. That's why I wanted to point out Pentax doesn't even have a single lens to make use of the K-01's full potential.

It's faster than other mirror-less systems with adapted lenses but still slower and louder compared to those systems with native lenses. Well, at least from my short experiences I had in shops throughout this year.

I know Pentax will never release a lens designed for the K-01. That's why I wanted to point out Pentax doesn't even have a single lens to make use of the K-01's full potential.

The DA40mm XS was designed together with the K-01. So it is the only lens designed for the K-01.

felixcat8888 said:
The DA40mm XS was designed together with the K-01. So it is the only lens designed for the K-01.

It's a full-frame lens with screw drive AF, isn't it? ;)

Thanks for highlighting, bought one but don't know when I'll get it. Amazon no stock now...

Good deal, consider if you can sell the DA40 XS for 290 sgd, you basically got a K01 for 100 SGD,

man, that insane price for K5 level sensor, just 100 SGD. blows all brands out of water.

Good deal, consider if you can sell the DA40 XS for 290 sgd, you basically got a K01 for 100 SGD,

man, that insane price for K5 level sensor, just 100 SGD. blows all brands out of water.

Too bad no promo for K5IIs... ;):embrass:

glad to finally receive delivery email from Amazon, but then...

"Estimated arrival date: January 30, 2013 - February 25, 2013"

what a stretch !!

i also hoot the USD315 deal liao!
thanks for the info...
aim the 40mm xs for long liao...
$200 deal at buy/sell always got snaped...
and since i am using k-x now, i believe it is a upgrade of body of $200+
even kena taxed GST, body as good as $250...

i also hoot the USD315 deal liao!
thanks for the info...
aim the 40mm xs for long liao...
$200 deal at buy/sell always got snaped...
and since i am using k-x now, i believe it is a upgrade of body of $200+
even kena taxed GST, body as good as $250...

Ho ho.. welcome to the K-01 group!!! You have been missing alot of outings woh..
Where have you been!

Ho ho.. welcome to the K-01 group!!! You have been missing alot of outings woh..
Where have you been!

FIL stay with me for the past 1 year, stroke patient... not really have time to go out for long because need to take care of him... even sat and sun bring him to breakfast or go out...

FIL stay with me for the past 1 year, stroke patient... not really have time to go out for long because need to take care of him... even sat and sun bring him to breakfast or go out...

Thumbs up buddy.

Ah.. Sad to hear about it. All the best and take care , bro.. :)

How is your FIL recovering bro?It is really hard to take care of stroke patient,no wonder never seen you around..

How is your FIL recovering bro?It is really hard to take care of stroke patient,no wonder never seen you around..

not recent case liao... have stroke about 7 years ago...
everything stay put... will not better or wrost liao...
MIL have to go to BIL there to take care of the grand children so no time for taking care of FIL...
then FIL not happy with his daughter-in-law so don't stay with them...
so move to my side to stay....
everyday we work... he canot go out alone...
he have no hobby or interest in anything...
so weekend is the time to bring him out to see the outside world... or else will become emo.... depression...

not recent case liao... have stroke about 7 years ago...
everything stay put... will not better or wrost liao...
MIL have to go to BIL there to take care of the grand children so no time for taking care of FIL...
then FIL not happy with his daughter-in-law so don't stay with them...
so move to my side to stay....
everyday we work... he canot go out alone...
he have no hobby or interest in anything...
so weekend is the time to bring him out to see the outside world... or else will become emo.... depression...

Thats real tough.
Always a challenge for parents to still juggle with taking care of grandchildren.

Tough for you as a SIL too.
:thumbsup: to you for all this.

Price at Amazon went back up.

saw K-01 with 18-55mm len, selling at SGD 599 at Best Denki Junction 8..

yeah, I got my K01 in the new year promotion, best price in SG. ha ha ha:bsmilie: