Newcastle Races

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
Well, Saturday there was no football or rugby in the north of England. For a change, I got the chance to do something different and went off to Newcastle Races at High Gosforth Park, with a brief to capture stock shots instead of just the usual news shots. It was my first time at a horse racing event and it was quite an enjoyable experience, if only I hadn't freaked at thinking that I'd lost my car keys! Turned out after I got home with my spare that they were just in another pocket...

nr01.jpg

nr02.jpg

nr03.jpg

nr04.jpg

nr05.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm just glad of the chance to try different stuff during the course of the day.

nr10.jpg

I like this pic...the flying dirt brought out the speed of the moment!

Hmm... I thought you were being serious until I paid attention to "Oldcastle". :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

If you are being serioues, then I'm glad to have proven inspirational, and let's see the pics!

:D

What camera are you using? Mine dun thik can take such soon shots.. (right, Azone?) Not sure mine can or not.. haf to try.

You don't need an expensive camera for this, as long as you can control aperture, shutter speed and focus yourself. Which, curiously enough, are exactly what you pay more money for the camera to do. A fully manual SLR would have been able to take any of these pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.