Newbie's confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArunV

Nov 11, 2009
Hi,

I am new to DSLR photography and am planning to buy Canon 500D. I checked out the rates in Musthafa center and got online quotes from Parisilk. The quote from Parisilk is cheaper than Musthafa

My confusion is, is shops like Parisilk, Cathay Photo, Alan Photo, John 3:16, Ms Colors.. are authorized dealers of Canon? Canon's warranty in singapore is applicable in India and China. So will i get the same if i buy from these shops? Is there any chance of these shops selling old stuff?

Thanks,
Arun

Hi,

I am new to DSLR photography and am planning to buy Canon 500D. I checked out the rates in Musthafa center and got online quotes from Parisilk. The quote from Parisilk is cheaper than Musthafa

My confusion is, is shops like Parisilk, Cathay Photo, Alan Photo, John 3:16, Ms Colors.. are authorized dealers of Canon? Canon's warranty in singapore is applicable in India and China. So will i get the same if i buy from these shops? Is there any chance of these shops selling old stuff?

Thanks,
Arun
For Canon, it is not International warranty for DSLR unless the warranty card specifically says so.

different shop have different promo like give free this and that.

If you are so worried, just get from the Canon showroom at Vivo or the CSC. May not be the best price or bundle but assuredly you will get a set with local warranty plus if have any issue can highlight on the spot.

The quote from Parisilk is cheaper than Musthafa

Parisilk sometime quote w/o GST
Pls ask them to make sure

For Canon, it is not International warranty for DSLR unless the warranty card specifically says so.

different shop have different promo like give free this and that.

If you are so worried, just get from the Canon showroom at Vivo or the CSC. May not be the best price or bundle but assuredly you will get a set with local warranty plus if have any issue can highlight on the spot.

Canon has warranty in India and China even if purchased from singapore. My confusion is whether the shops will give this warranty. To be exact, will these shops give a warranty card from canon? Or is the warranty given by the shop?

The quote was given inclusive of warranty.

*inclusive of GST

Last edited:
Canon has warranty in India and China even if purchased from singapore. My confusion is whether the shops will give this warranty. To be exact, will these shops give a warranty card from canon? Or is the warranty given by the shop?
the canon products in singapore are usually local warranty only. If you are looking for international warranty, there is additional cost. Can give a call to the canon service centre on the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.