Newbie with noob question

Mafiawei

Apr 4, 2011
Hi all,
Just joined cs... Damn noob in photography as it's a new hobby for me yeah... Am using a Sony a330 now with f. 20mm and standard kit. Love to shot sceneries, a question is a polariZe filter a must? Any good guides for scenery shooting and any good shop in town area recommending?

Hi all,
Just joined cs... Damn noob in photography as it's a new hobby for me yeah... Am using a Sony a330 now with f. 20mm and standard kit. Love to shot sceneries, a question is a polariZe filter a must? Any good guides for scenery shooting and any good shop in town area recommending?

polarizer is not a must, but a good to have. But before you jump into buying filters (once you get this one, you will probably look at GNDs, NDs etc), first it will be good to understand why you need it than dumping money into it. If you don't feel the need to get it, then you have just saved some bucks for your next investment.

Read this post: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/803029-Newbie-Guide-to-Filters to know more about filters. It includes topics like how to use a Circ Polarizer (CPL) as well.

Regarding shops to buy stuffs, check out the price guide section. Each of those threads have a list of recommended shops.

i would say...invest in filters only if necessary. some people buy lots of them, and end up not using any of those.

learn your basics first, then carve our your style. then if filters are necessary for your genre you shoot, then by all means, buy them ;

i would say...invest in filters only if necessary. some people buy lots of them, and end up not using any of those.

learn your basics first, then carve our your style. then if filters are necessary for your genre you shoot, then by all means, buy them ;)

Hi all,

hmm, maybe u can read up guide on what polariser does bah as what the other guy said haha.

like how does it affect ur pics: cut down relections , eV will be reduced etc..
not sure what ur lens is, but from what i remember also that polariser filters will cause some problems in Ultra wide angle lenses, so also read up on that.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

quite good site imo.

as for where to shoot.. usually i shoot at night around raffles place/boat quay, clarke quay. barrage, esplanade/marina bay sands.. and maybe chinatown. these are quite good to start if ur looking for general "scenery" or landscapes.. can even try out street photography if u want

Hi all,

Welcome to ClubSNAP! :D
1st, read THIS to understand some basics of photography. Reading other sites such as cambridgeincolour would be helpful too.

After that, go out and shoot and experiment with various settings. This should reinforce some of the basic concepts.

When you're more comfortable about how to shoot and what you like to shoot, then think about adding stuff like filters, etc...

Most camera shops are located around the Funan/Peninsula shopping area. Happy hunting!

thank you so much bros~~
totally noob as just started to enjoy photography... am reading book on dslr dummy... will post more question (which i forcast coming) when come along...
thanks guys~