Newbie wants to shoot sunset at Raffles Marina is it open to the public

Newbie wants to shoot sunset at Raffles Marina is it open to the public

I went there for a dinner function last month booked by my boss. He is a member there. The security said no public access beyond the restaurant areas. Must have a member accompany if you are going into the marina section.

Nice view with the lighthouse and boats.

You can try to sneak in. ;) but not worth the time and effort if the guards catch and ask you to go home.

Quite the nice place.

68523_479282253165_835728165_5712991_2491500_n.jpg

162739_479282323165_835728165_5712993_4370708_n.jpg

got the above shots when shooting for a function there.

Last edited:
I ask before, for general public, you need to pay a fee to shoot inside their premises.

alternatively, you can sign up as a club member.

wah hmmm... i think my uncle might be a member there? i know he owns a yatch...

i don't know which marina it is at. but i do know that keppel marina u can view the yatches from the bridge but not much of a view...

hmm i don't dare to ask him... if i get the chance to get on board his yatch... LOL

Last edited:
Raffles Marina is a nice place to shoot sunset, it is possible if you are a member or an invited guest.

Other possible location to shoot sunset with the sailing boat is Danga Bay, J.B.

IMG_8191p.jpg

IMG_6930p.jpg

Was there a policy change? I was there about 2 years ago, and I could wander inside even though I'm not a member. The security guards just told me that I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the private boats, and it was ok to take pictures out towards the sea after I walked down the pier. I believe non-members could dine at the bar and restaurant there too.

726378117_kNPqn-L.jpg
491057950_a8tzN-L.jpg

I shot at Raffles Marina recently and I'm not a member. That's not to say everyone should just flock there now.

I think your best bet is to not shoot there unless you think it's absolutely necessary.