Newbie studio shoot gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That's very noble for sykestang to offer his service and experdist to help newbies like us! Thanks!

However, 01 Sep 07 I will not be able to make it due to other commitment, but hope it's not the newbie studio outing day right?

anyway , on the 1st of september there will be a shoot at his place from 10-2pm it a 2 hour shoot at $38 , 2 slots is taken by me and wranger left with 6 slots in the morning , bored dad u want to come along ? jinminggm what abt u ? also the rest what abt u ?

it shouldn't be a problem dude... unless any last min duty... if not... i would be able to make it for the shoot... and of cos it is a good time to learn more things for studio shoot with lao jiao around =D

where is the studio?

east side of singapore. :) if u sign up he will inform u :)

being there for the first community shoot. simple layout but with most of the studio equipment which u need.

a friendly and experience organiser. lots to gain fr his shoot. :)

Hi sykestang, thanks for your support. I am joining for this shoot.:thumbsup:

I think we fit a date and timing first.

I propose on the 8 Sep (Sat), timing from 1000H to 1200H. How about the rest?

hi guys , let me know any comments on the suject with sykestang . i personally find it a worthy to start from there . as me and wranger have being to his studio . what can i say abt their services . TOP Notch . abt 2 hours i was there , i learn quite abit from there . if i should personally say it would be worth the try to start with . do let me know if you people are ok . His studio is in geylang . near mrt so ner near . Service A+++++, Equipment A++++++ . Guys for start we should try out this . ok guys .................pls feed back so i can do the arrangement with sykestang

I agreed with generalsales. The studio setup, the service, the equipments, the environment - top notch. :thumbsup:

Wait a minute! Is this studio shoot for newbies that is originally planned by generalsales, or the one mentioned by him of another studio shoot on 01 Sep 07?

I thought it was two separate outings?

guys , the 1st sept is a diffrent one . any way the 1st sept is fully book already . dont be confused . i am talking abt a new one to start from stratch . .

guy dont be confused of the 1st sept

, the one i am talking is a different one . the one that i am orgaising is going to be a long term thing to brush up our skill . and also a newbie sort of gathering this is something that i want to make it abt 1 or 2 twice a month.

wranger had purpose out with a time and date - 8th sept 10-12 pm
how abt location ?

guy dont be confused of the 1st sept

, the one i am talking is a different one . the one that i am orgaising is going to be a long term thing to brush up our skill . and also a newbie sort of gathering this is something that i want to make it abt 1 or 2 twice a month.

wranger had purpose out with a time and date - 8th sept 10-12 pm
how abt location ?

i think its better to set a date and time, then gather a list of interested ppl..then work out the cost for studio rental and amount each person have to pay..:think:

I am interested in attending the studio shoot but unable to confirm attendance at this point of time. Will the location be at Sykestang's studio? Have been there and it is a simple studio with excellent equipment :thumbsup:

Just to clarify:

1 Sep 2007 is a community shoot organised by me in the studio. I've decided to organise 2 days of such shoot each month. Price will be capped between $35 - $40 per attendee depending on the theme, of max 8persons each session. For outdoor, it will be a 1 session, of max 8-10person per group per model, price will be capped from $25 - $35 per attendee depends on the theme.

However for these community studio shoot, it is difficult to learn much except for composition, posing skills and maybe learning each other styles, etc. For studio photography, it is more important to learn the skill on using studio equipment and the control of light source.

Thus for this newbie studio outing, the organisation of the shoot will be slightly different from my community shoot. I will be explaining some of the studio light setup / the proper method on using the equipment and even let you guys have some hands on with the lights setup itself if we got the time. We'll use only basic 3 lights for a start during the shoot cos anything more than 3 lights is considered as more advanced lighting skills. So do take note that the basic 2hrs may not be enough and might drag to 3 or even 4hrs. As such, I would recommend either starts in the afternoon of a weekend or maybe one of the weekday night from 7pm - 10+pm. :)

hi people , i think to be more cleared instead of confused . the 1st of september shoot by skyetang is organising by him . My idea of this tread to gather newbie like me to find kakis to build a port foilo together . to enhance our skill , creative and also in various aspect of a studio photo taking . i would like to gather a few people who is interested in this togther and make a regualr basic . AS i undertsand there are people who organising such shoot togther.

Status
Not open for further replies.