A little background...
I've been interested in photography for a while and have been reading CS for a few years. But I've only managed to afford a camera very recently. Unfortunately, due to NS, I've not really been able to shoot. That said, I'm not totally new to photography, but I'm new to cityscapes.
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
- Composition: the main subject is MBS. The first thing the viewer should see is the merlion, then the flyer, then MBS. I've included lead in lines at both sides, and a line out from MBS. Question is, is the light trail on the left too strong? Does all this make sense?
I've also left more space on the left and included a building to balance this out. Does this work for you?
- Technical execution: This is a HDR composite. MBS lights, light trail and a Longer exposure(to blur the movement) of the flyer was layered in.
Does the HDR look natural? Is it obvious that elements were added in?, especially the light trail?
- Tonality: Should the exposure for the merlion be reduced? How is the brightness level of the sky, and the water? Is the dodging/ burning obvious? Any local area adjustments lacking?
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
- Nothing too special here, just wanted to capture a shot of MBS...
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Erm, taken from the bridge slightly after dusk...
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
It's not too bad... this is the first decent cityscape shot I managed. But I want to know how to improve.
Thanks in advance,