Newbie on Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnyKoh

Apr 2, 2009
Punggol
All the sifu out there. I am planning to embark on a macro journey soon. Going to get a tamron 90mm next week when I am in Hongkong.

Just like to know the cost of a macro setup, when ppl say they are using two flash does it mean are using a ring flash like the R1 for nikon? So meaning I need get a ring adpater, 2 SB600?

I don't intend to use tripot for marco, so will having two flashs be too heavy for handheld?

I intend to shoot insects, flowers and maybe abstract shots but base on budget can only afford a 90mm atm.

Thanks in advance!

Nope.... you don't need 2 flashes. Normal setup is 1 flash and most of the time will suffice. You can still use 2 flash setup if you want to get fancy but your setup will be quite heavy. Below is a shot taken during a night macro outing. The torchlight in my setup is only to assist in focussing on the subject.

3493576750_5888198f97.jpg

3493745772_f11f549965.jpg

Nope.... you don't need 2 flashes. Normal setup is 1 flash and most of the time will suffice. You can still use 2 flash setup if you want to get fancy but your setup will be quite heavy. Below is a shot taken during a night macro outing. The torchlight in my setup is only to assist in focussing on the subject.

Thanks Sherchoo, your setup look really cool! and thanks for the information. The touch is it specially make for camera? At the moment I will be only planning to shoot in the day to brush up my technic first. I gues I will go with SB600, tamron 90mm with extension tube to start with.

Torch is a china made LED torch which I DIYed a velcro strap onto the tripod stand (came with the lens).

I would not encourage to use an extensin tube. Your 90mm can get really close to the subject already. If you already have the extension tube, you can experiment but it will be difficult to handle.

Torch is a china made LED torch which I DIYed a velcro strap onto the tripod stand (came with the lens).

Thanks for the explaination.

I would not encourage to use an extensin tube. Your 90mm can get really close to the subject already. If you already have the extension tube, you can experiment but it will be difficult to handle.

Ok thanks for the advise, I will check out the extension tube next time then. Appreciate your time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.