Newbie in infrared. C&C in PP needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronaldlsh

Dec 8, 2008
2nd attempt in taking infrared photos. Used a hoya R72 filter. Need some C&C on PP.

CSC_1694small.jpg

CSC_1718small.jpg

CSC_1712small.jpg

DSC_1644small.jpg

Thanks

well what pos processing you did? To be honest i don't think its done properly the 1st picture is way too green, and the boats tops to red, the same happend with the other 3, if you have too much red, try the color balance and reduce the saturation of the red and yellows it might give you better colors.

Thanks for the advice!

Did some changes to the pics. Hope i've made some improvements in the PP. More C&C please, rather new in infrared photography, hope the learn some PP skills for better infrared shots!

Thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
I think the 1st one is better, the others one i still don't like that much but maybe the fault is the Original photo, try differente exposers for the custom WB, try that and you might get a bit better photos, I'm no expert i started only 2 weeks ago taking IR photos, you can see my results here http://duchovny.deviantart.com/gallery/#Infra-Red you cal also comment :p

hmm, i'm just a newbie here but if i allow to make a comment, i'll said that you've forgot what is the basic rule, there is no different between normal and infrared photography, it's always about light, exposure and composition...yah..IMHO
sorry if you don't like my comment
best regards
fireworms

Status
Not open for further replies.