Newbie here

ya its something to do with the "f" on the lens right
lower "f" more expensive -.-
and more blur

erm...basically you have to consider at least 3 things.. yea..1 of it is the F stop.
Not exactly true the lower the more expensive.. But you somewhat get the idea right though..

Really, like mentioned before..go read up the basics..search online or get some books.

Hello!

As recommended by many csers in this thread,ya you need to shoot more and read the manual. I would like to add on to the sharings.... Read "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson and don't be discouraged if your photos received negative comments. Just pew pew pew! Happy shooting! :)

Last edited:
Hello friends ..
new in these forum...I have a Nikon 85mm lens for my Nikon D90, which i just bought not too long ago it focuses, but will not zoom even though there is a thing to zoom with is it broke or is it suppost to be like that??

new in these forum...I have a Nikon 85mm lens for my Nikon D90, which i just bought not too long ago it focuses, but will not zoom even though there is a thing to zoom with is it broke or is it suppost to be like that??
First of all: if you want responses then don't post your question into a common "Hi, welcome, here I am, me too and whatnot" thread but open a new one with your specific question. Secondly: you buy a 85mm lens and look for the zoom ring..? That's a good one :bigeyes: .. :thumbsup:
Please spend some time reading and understanding, before you buy something that you have no clue about.
Zoom lenses: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_lens
Prime lenses: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_lens
Check the Nikon website with the lens line-up, read, they also have explanations there.

Last edited:
Hello friends ..

would it happen to be this 85mm Nikkor lens?
85-f18-af.jpg

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/images1/85mm-f18-af/85-f18-af.jpg

If yes, then it doesn't zoom :)

martinabbi said:
Hello friends ..

If its an 85mm then there is no zoom. What you are turning is the focusing ring, not zoom ring.

Hello friends ..
Pls try not to hijack other people's thread. I believe...you are confused what is Zoom lens and what is a Prime lens? go find out.
Yes you can still Zoom..but not with the zoom ring..since it probably dosent and will not exists.. Zoom with your legs.

OhMyYoong said:
Hello all.

Just bought a D90 not too long ago, very new to camera and lense stuff.
Any advice from you guys? Hahas. :)

Hi friend, mind if u tell where u bought Nikon d90 and wat the price? Thank..

Hi friend, mind if u tell where u bought Nikon d90 and wat the price? Thank..
Thank you for not hijacking other people's thread with your (here irrelevant) questions. We have a price guide, pick up the phone and give the shops a call.