Newbie Gathering Part 2 (Post your Pics!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bro, but mine really was nothing compared with the master that taught us how to shoot like this. Haha... :bsmilie:

yr control was much better man.....:bigeyes:

im super new! =P anymore new gathering?

im super new! =P anymore new gathering?
A very warm welcome to you!

Yes, there is a 3rd outing planned already, you can find the info in this link here.

Please do join us if you are free on that day.

hi all..
am a true newbie here..

all the shots look superb!!! doesnt look like newbie's work at all.. :thumbsup:
hopefully i can join ur outing soon too.. :D

Just managed to process only one shot. Will try to upload the two remaining shots later when free...

No. 1
1403627182_24dd361d78_o.jpg

here some 2 shots frm me:confused:
IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg

hi all..
am a true newbie here..

all the shots look superb!!! doesnt look like newbie's work at all.. :thumbsup:
hopefully i can join ur outing soon too.. :D
A very warm welcome to CS.

Thanks for your compliments to the photos in here, and sure you are always most welcome to join us for the next outing. Look out for the thread with the title Newbie Outing No. 3 and add your name in there.

Cheers!

Hi, newbie question...how did u shoot pic 1 (asian civilisation museum)? by turning the zoom? rdgs
Yes, basically it works with zoom.

Firstly set the camera to manual mode, ISO100 or lower if your camera can, f/8.0, shutter to 10" or 8" depends on what the metering tells you. Then you zoom in all the way to the scene, then use a remote switch to click on the shutter, as the shuttle opens, you control the zoom len to zoom out.

Depends on what you wish to achieve, if you wish to have a continuious effect like what Skyraider bro did, then have lesser stops, but if you wish to have the effect like mine, then have a little more stop. With every stop, count about 2" before zoom out again.

But the main thing you have to watch out for is try your best not to shake the camera when zooming out or moving the len. Otherwise the photos will turn out blur.

Firstly set the camera to manual mode, ISO100 or lower if your camera can, f/8.0, shutter to 10" or 8" depends on what the metering tells you. Then you zoom in all the way to the scene, then use a remote switch to click on the shutter, as the shuttle opens, you control the zoom len to zoom out.

Depends on what you wish to achieve, if you wish to have a continuious effect like what Skyraider bro did, then have lesser stops, but if you wish to have the effect like mine, then have a little more stop. With every stop, count about 2" before zoom out again.

But the main thing you have to watch out for is try your best not to shake the camera when zooming out or moving the len. Otherwise the photos will turn out blur.

thanks bored dad!
learn something new from u! gotta try this out soon if i have the chance!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: am goin to try this real soon!!!

Just managed to process only one shot. Will try to upload the two remaining shots later when free...

No. 1
1403627182_24dd361d78_o.jpg

nice, nicely compose... wat i dun really understand is when we take the night shoot, alot of the sky came out abit blue, and if the sky is not blue-ish we can't see the cloud...
but urs, the sky is like quite black and dark and can still see the cloud also

nice, nicely compose... wat i dun really understand is when we take the night shoot, alot of the sky came out abit blue, and if the sky is not blue-ish we can't see the cloud...
but urs, the sky is like quite black and dark and can still see the cloud also

Thanks for the compliment, skyguy :embrass: My girlfriend also commented that if I can take pictures of this standard most of the time during oversea trips, she will have less scolding to do ;p

I had made some minor adjustments for contrast and customized the WB for the picture. What I didn't succeed is making the picture look sharper. I think the edges of the statue still look soft. Does this have anything to do with focus area?

Thanks for the compliment, skyguy :embrass: My girlfriend also commented that if I can take pictures of this standard most of the time during oversea trips, she will have less scolding to do ;p

I had made some minor adjustments for contrast and customized the WB for the picture. What I didn't succeed is making the picture look sharper. I think the edges of the statue still look soft. Does this have anything to do with focus area?

ya the edges do look soft. Have u tried unsharp mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.