Newbie First tries with lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

nipapa

Aug 29, 2004
Tampines
photobucket.com
Hi guys newbie here... was at east coast yesterday then went to moi grandma's house ... fully armed with my A75, so took some shots. Pls give me some advice for them k?

ECP20036edit.jpg

ECP20023.jpg

ECP20031edit.jpg

ECP20056edit.jpg

ECP20066.jpg

Regards

ECP20062.jpg

ECP20063edit.jpg

ECP20067.jpg

(above photo was supposed to have a bird flying above the mrt train but it looks like a dropping instead haha)

ECP20071.jpg

(above shows faraway moon)

ECP20074edit.jpg

(i was waiting for while for this pic... the pigeon was farnie keeps flying to n fro to try to get my attn.)

#9 for me. if the composition could be improved a little then would be better the slight tilt and the distortion in the straight MRT tracks are distracting, i guess this is cos of the limitations of the A75? you were probably shooting on the wide end for this shot hence the distortion of the straight lines? as for the slight tilt, if you intend to tilt it then make the tilt more obvious and dramatic or else just keep it horizontal so that it has a stable and secure foundation in the photo which anchors everything.

but other than that, good eye for spotting the faint moon :)

hmmmm bro...when working with lines... the composition muz be very strong....
for eg, the first one works with the theme....try something like a slight anticlockwise 30degree tilt for the path and blow out the highlights on the end of the path to give it and effect like a portal...

else try to use the line to lead into a subject.... on ya camera got diff metering modes..centreweighted should have...can try it out for fun ya..

Good use of lines to lead the eye into the picture, pity that there was not really anything interesting to see.

i like no 3. but u gotta crop the top cement part off first.

Gerrad... nice... actually there was a negro jogger infront one... but he ran v fast then when i was ready he was gone... *sigh*

So u want me to tilt the first pic abit anticlockwise right? But i still don understand y.

ortega said:

Good use of lines to lead the eye into the picture, pity that there was not really anything interesting to see.

hmm... i actually wanted to show how small the guy (welding) :flame: was in contrast with the big hole and the big metal scaffold he has above him.

foxtwo said:
i like no 3. but u gotta crop the top cement part off first.

Why? it the cement very unsightly? i kinda think tt cropping the top cement makes it rather "open ended".

all snap shots... my 2 cents

friday we goin out for dinner rite...see if u wanna do some prints or see from ya cam then lo.... then i tell u....too lazy to type hahaa...

cheers..

oh ya ... friday we're goin out.. nearly forgot... where we goin? no leads yet ya?

Alright .... i shall smuggle my cam to and from camp... muahahahahaha.

i am sorry, but the shots does not work for me..... it reminds me of the time when i was just snapping at just about anything that comes along... the excitement of a digital cam.... I would call these experiments... :) look up photography tips such as rule of the thirds and how an eye sees a photograph to improve.

having said that - i must say this - continue to improve. that's the way to progress. dun be afraid to try while using tested 'principles' of photography.... i had my 'early days' too - and I am still learning everyday..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

A quick shot of lines and curves... not sure if it works for you? :sweat:
9552lines.jpg

The use of lines is to lead the viewer's attention to the point of interest. Somtimes it can get blurred into that you end up shooting lines instead of the point of interest. That's what happened to a few shots here.

Find your subject first. Then compose by looking for leading lines. Not the other way around. It should look natural, not forced.

henrylim said:
A quick shot of lines and curves... not sure if it works for you? :sweat:
9552lines.jpg

It's an interesting structure, what & where is it? But doesnt really work for me beyond that. I can't really put my finger on it, maybe the lack of contrast?

foxtwo,

you are right. it is interesting structure. the problem with this shot is perhaps the lines does not really converge and lead the eye to a particular subject.

it's a cyclist heading home.....

the only 'saving' part is the white sun and cyclist. that's why you cannot really focus on the photo.... negative demo.... must find one more positive demo...

as for this bridge, anyone want to guess where this structure is in? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

henrylim said:
foxtwo,

you are right. it is interesting structure. the problem with this shot is perhaps the lines does not really converge and lead the eye to a particular subject.

it's a cyclist heading home.....

the only 'saving' part is the white sun and cyclist. that's why you cannot really focus on the photo.... negative demo.... must find one more positive demo...

as for this bridge, anyone want to guess where this structure is in? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

It's not as bad as you put it. While the lines do not converge, they do lead the eyes off to the right. However, the tunnel bend adds a lot of clutter to the picture, and there is also nothing to entice the viewer to wonder what could possibly be off the frame.

I think there's a few more compositions to be explored, hope you can make another trip down soon? ;) Somewhere in Australia i guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.