Newbie @ Cosfest IX

yea i get what you mean. but i think you misunderstood something. i was merely replying to the statement by richard that kx can handle high iso.

I hear that Pentax cannot handle high ISO? That's what my friend with K20D tells me, perhaps the K-X is better?
Cheers.

yea but i agree on the flash part thats why im saving for it. ;)

Photography isn't about high ISO performance. Ask yourself, does your subject look good under that kind of ambient lighting? A simple flash will eliminate all those ugly shadow, I don't know how you gonna salvage that with PP. There are good advices and bad advices, learn to discern what is good and what is bad.

True, got good advice and bad advice. Also true that, in some situations, flash will create more harsh shadows instead. That's why I said earlier that if using flash, need good flash plus good kungfu. I never said flash is "bad", just that most times it is not necessary.

Best you look through lots of pixs, if possible find a situation where the same scene is captured with and without flash, and decide for yourself. To me, most flash pixs, although properly lit, have a "dead" feeling.

I shoot lots and lots of performances in low light. ALL without flash. Can view some examples here at JPG and also at my website. Whether results good or bad, I let viewers decide.