pai

Nov 24, 2004
Lala Land
www.flickr.com
PICT2196.jpg

one bonus ant shot:

PICT2253.jpg

nice shots...

i had the same problem with the ants being that onli part of the body was in focus...
one of the forum members was kind enough to tell me tat is cause of my DOF small cause i was using f/4 or something like that.

i'm still a bit blur on this maybe you can ask someone experienced
:D

nice shot ...
nice colours

It will be good if you are asking for comments to post your settings so that the rest can understand how the shot was taken.

Very well exposed caterpillar! The whites are not blown at all.

2nd shot, seems quite processed. Good focus on the head.

tchuanye said:
It will be good if you are asking for comments to post your settings so that the rest can understand how the shot was taken.

ok... these were shot with a KM 5D and a tamron 90mm, iso 100, f16, shutter 1/125, both shots with flash

caterpillar: i used my sigma flash off camera, in wireless mode, but reflected off a bounce card (the fella was in a hard to reach spot, that's why got to do this kind of acrobatics)

tchuanye said:
2nd shot, seems quite processed. Good focus on the head.

processed look may be because i took this with the built-in flash, in ADI mode, but had a lumiquest softscreen in front of it, and forgot to compensate, so shot turned out very dark, and i had to pull it up more than 1 stop in photoshop.

let me try to do a more natural looking one...

PICT2253a.jpg

thanks very much for your comments. i find close-up work very challenging, but very rewarding as well. hope to learn more from everyone.

ok... these were shot with a KM 5D and a tamron 90mm, iso 100, f16, shutter 1/125, both shots with flash

caterpillar: i used my sigma flash off camera, in wireless mode, but reflected off a bounce card (the fella was in a hard to reach spot, that's why got to do this kind of acrobatics)

r u sure u r NEWBIE!?!?! hahah.. ;p

really great shots. like the ant! ;)

niki said:
r u sure u r NEWBIE!?!?! hahah.. ;p

really great shots. like the ant! ;)

thanks. trust me, i am newbie. had the camera for 2 mths+, this is my first time using this lens ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.