Newbie buying DSLR for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aiyo, don't get so worked up lah. You are posting in Newbie Corner la. Explain what is f3.5 benefits more then just rumbling. Come share share.
Apologies for the outburst ;p . Just trying to put a stop to the kit lens myth. I always stress that for people new the DSLR the kit lens is a good and cheap stepping stone to better photography. Once you outgrow the lens, know its limitations and strengths you'll be better able to exploit the better and probably more expensive lens out there.

hi hi. the newbie is back again.
i had a hands-on with the 400D and D80 over the weekend @john 3:16. Nice chap that sammuel. :)

i thought my mind was made up for the 400D, then i had a go with my friend's D70s and the D80 @john. Now i swayed to nikon. *groanz*

i use to own a nik 5400. So i guess the D80 controls were more intuitive for me.

Any idea if Oracle's sets are brand new? With local warranty? If yes, his price is mightly competitive. :)

Think i'll stick with the kit lens. 18-135m is fine with me for now.

Hi there, I am thinking of picking up my first DSLR too. Leaning towards the D80 for now cos my bro has a D70 with spare lenses...can share keke.

Any idea how much the D80 (w/o kit lens) is going for now? Will Sitex give better deals than retail shops?

Cheers,
Diesel. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.