Newbie bikini shoot

tamronprob

Jun 19, 2010
Hi, these are my attempts on the bikini shoot. Please CnC thank you!

Valerie

1)
5695208919_05274c569a.jpg

2)
5695783722_c3d12ebdbe.jpg

3)
5695782960_78f75c136f.jpg

Adelyn

4)
5695783170_38a39510be.jpg

5)
5695207499_463648c767.jpg

Lynn

6)
5695782768_31f69739e4.jpg

7)
5695208275_f71764dcd8.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Looks plasticky... Skin's over processed...

Looks like here is some problem with the make up or is i naturally with Valerie's left eye ... Quite obvious in #3.

Adelyn #1 cannot see any "eye-white" anymore.

i really hate why people wanta PS the skin tone till it looks so fake. it's very unfair to the model after viewing the pic.

Even the sea water color looks damm fake...if the pic is taken on the same day, just look at the water color...

Thanks, I will take note of the post processing in future and make sure that I do not over do the colors...

What did you do? It is not just the color or the DI. Bad pose
Bad composition
Boring lighting
Bad make up

These are arguably some of the worst I have ever seen.

Deadpoet said:
What did you do? It is not just the color or the DI. Bad pose
Bad composition
Boring lighting
Bad make up

These are arguably some of the worst I have ever seen.

What's with these comments!!! Is there really any need for them. PS is widely used even by the 'best' photographers. Maybe some difference of opinion which is ok but your comments are not helpful in the slightest. Gives us an insight into someone though I guess when they cannot give encouraging critique!!

What's with these comments!!! Is there really any need for them. PS is widely used even by the 'best' photographers. Maybe some difference of opinion which is ok but your comments are not helpful in the slightest. Gives us an insight into someone though I guess when they cannot give encouraging critique!!
Welcome to CS. Well unfortunately, the pros here are rather harsh with their critiques. Nevertheless, they do have their point.

When I looked at this series, it just seem everywhere. TS, just want to say you have too many ideas in your mind, and that confuses you. My humble advice would be to have a feel to the photoshoot and think of a style or a feel you want to give your pictures. Avoid tilt and also poses that makes the model look weird and awkward. If your PP skills are not very good yet, please don't overdo it.

DP's post was not slamming the use of PS. Why do you think you need to jump to the defense of Photoshop? As for the pictures, yes, the post processing made them worse, but even so, they are quite bad. I honestly do not have the time to write in detail what I saw about these pictures (and you would get very bored scrolling through pages of text...).

But here's an example that I will just simplify into a few lines...Pic 6. Harsh flash lighting which reflects off her skin making it look oily. Chopped off fingertips. Distracting people in the background. A body posture that honestly is *far* from flattering and instead looks very... *ahem*. This is not sexy, this is nasty. Why is she in the doggy-style pose anyway? There's nothing alluring about the shot.

Looks like here is some problem with the make up or is i naturally with Valerie's left eye ... Quite obvious in #3.

Adelyn #1 cannot see any "eye-white" anymore.

That's the effect of the so-called "eye enlarging" contacts that of course do NOT make the eyes bigger (you need eyelid surgery for that) but just turn your irises into dead, lifeless color blobs that then hide the whites.

DP is being very honest and direct.
a photographer need somebody able to see the problems in his photos and point it out without any sugar coating.

if a photographer get too attach to his photos, he will be blinded by his own emotion, ego etc. unable to see his own works in a more neutral perspective.

able to take criticism, is the first step of making improvement. Do let use know if you are not ready.

btw, DP didn't comment much on the DI part, what he said is all the fundamental parts, that I do agree.
DI couldn't make it any better for photos like these IMO.

here's my piece on DI... i am not expert here on DI and most who know me here knows i do very little DI (I only play with the color processing and basic skin smoothing)

your photo 1 (I am not sure if this is a result of your DI or cos the model is wearing those contact lens mentioned by Rashkae - i am against wearing such contact lens too cos they are simply awful and not every gal is suitable to use such contact lens!), don't you think her eyes is one big one small? Or was she indeed like that in real life?
2ylp84o.jpg

your photo 2, did you notice the white portion of her eyes, her left eye, the white portion is almost gone? Not sure if its your DI or the contact lens again.
2s5xvk6.jpg

lastly, I agree with the rest, photo 6 is super ugly and unglam pose for the model, did u ask the model to pose that way or you simply just snap when shes not even ready into position yet? I am sure if you show this photo to that model, she will scream (at least inside her )!

and be humble when ppl critic your photos since u asked for CnC. else next time seeing your character and reply, nobody will care a hoot anymore.

always put your emotion aside and see if what the critics posted makes sense cos since u ask for CnC, it means you are not confident enough.

TS is lucky to even get respond.

If you can't take criticism and learn from it, then why are you posting the pics on CS for? C&C (congrats and compliment)?

We can always paint beautiful words but what's the use?

Shooting a portrait is about showing the best of the subject, ask yourself... Have you done that?

Instead of going out and take hundreds of pictures and choose the best out of the worst... Why not take time to understand the subject and use the photography fundamental to take just one or two nice shot.

If you are choosing outdoor, you either shoot at 7am-8.30am or 6-7pm for the best lighting. Not anything in between unless you have a good reason to do so.

DP knows what he is doing and his comment just the very basic fundamental things that you should understand.

Regards,

Hart

Hi all! Please take a chill pill everyone! I appreciate Monty007's defence but I do agree with all the pros as well. That's why I said comments and criticism are welcomed in my first post. I will take into account all the helpful critiques and try to improve on my next shoot.

Please do not get into a heated argument and spoil everyone's mood just because of this.Have a beer and chill out for the rest of the day. Cheers!

Hi all! Please take a chill pill everyone! I appreciate Monty007's defence but I do agree with all the pros as well. That's why I said comments and criticism are welcomed in my first post. I will take into account all the helpful critiques and try to improve on my next shoot.

Please do not get into a heated argument and spoil everyone's mood just because of this.Have a beer and chill out for the rest of the day. Cheers!

that's the way.

i am not sure this Monty007 come out from where but i am sure it could be one of those clones (1 post count since registered in march and first post like that) floating on this forum.

that's the way.

i am not sure this Monty007 come out from where but i am sure it could be one of those clones (1 post count since registered in march and first post like that) floating on this forum.

Huh huh he wants to be a '007' come out blazing !

that's the way.

just another faithful troll.

try to remember what were you thinking at the time you were firing off shots. It is a great way to put some perspective into how you ceated these pictures, and that is the first step ...