Newbie and new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrenalize

Apr 19, 2009
Singapore
Hello guys...i'm a newbie and would like to learn more from you guys.thank you ;)

Hi adrenalize!
Welcome to CS!
Care to share your current set-up?

Marie

I'm using a canon 450D and a kit lens which is 55-250mm, 18-55mm and a 50mm f1.8 lens...for my external flash.i am using a sunpak RD2000 and a tripod slik 340DX
which i recently bought. any suggestion for a lens, i like to shoot my kids and a landscape as well. thank you:D

Last edited:
Put your kids in front of a landscape and use your kit lens :) Seriously, if you cannot give more than one reason (and they shall not be "itchy fingers" or "nice to have") then you don't need any other lens.

Ah there we go, the standard kit!
I like that set-up!
It covers quite a big range at a good price!

Marie

I'm using a canon 450D and a kit lens which is 55-250mm, 18-55mm and a 50mm f1.8 lens...for my external flash.i am using a sunpak RD2000 and a tripod slik 340DX
which i recently bought. any suggestion for a lens, i like to shoot my kids and a landscape as well. thank you:D

hi fellow 450D user, welcome to CS! ;)

do join us at the 450D thread in kopitam for TCSS..

Welcome to CS. A lot of newbies are joining, including me of course. Welcome. Welcome. :)

Welcome.... your current crop of lenses would be fine actually... just practise more and you'll do better,

Guys, I am a newbie here as well. Just a frdly waring, do be careful on what you are asking, there is rude member here who bully peo ard for nothing.

Read my thread:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504859

Pls leave the arguements to your own thread. And READ up... the answers to most of the questions are already in the forum.

Guys, I am a newbie here as well. Just a frdly waring, do be careful on what you are asking, there is rude member here who bully peo ard for nothing.

I simply hope that other newbies do not follow in your footsteps and start calling people names and accusing them of being terrorists.

Read my thread:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504859

Yep, one should read it fully. No need for you to portrait yourself here as victim, the thread shows the opposite. The other thing to ponder about: just because you perceive something as rude doesn't mean the other party has been.
Back to topic please.

Welcome welcome.

Landscape should be fine for you... as for kids, bump up the iso as high as possible without getting too much noise. This gives you a faster shutter speed, might also want to use the lowest f/stop value possible, for narrower depth of field.

Load your shots up to flickr, post them in comment groups and in the CS critiques corner as well.

Lastly, learn the mantra of Shoot, Review, Reshoot :D

Looks like you have the sufficient lenses to get you started on what you wish to take, just practice more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.